Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
devialet 120 with Focal electra 1027be
I need advice on Focal electra 1027be driven by Devialet 120. Is it good match, or 120 is under powered for this Focal. Currently using 120 with LS50, but tempted go get Focal one's.

I am getting one used Focal electra 1027be, but if not good match with 120 then no point investing on them.

Please suggest.
Very good combi

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Thanks, will try it tomorrow and update back, I am carrying my amp to seller place to check.
(27-Jan-2017, 19:19)musicinmymind Wrote: Thanks, will try it tomorrow and update back, I am carrying my amp to seller place to check.

Hello, have Focal 1028be operated with a 120. No good experience collected, too little force! Have the upgrade on 220pro carried out, now everything runs as desired. Sufficient power and dynamics!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I would say that it works but I think you will be getting much better results with a 220Pro. I used to have a 200 with my 1038Be but they got alot better with a 400. Today I run Sopra 2 with a 440Pro a great combo.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Thanks for suggestion,

did carry 120 to seller place and had similar experience, bass was week also no SAM found for 1027be. My media room is also small, 14x14 approx, even if I get floor standing speakers and bigger devialet, will have problems in position speakers effectively.

The problem with LS50 is, it does not fill the room, especially the subbass rumble, sometime I like it. I thinking of getting a good sub,

For sub to be effective do I need to add pre-amp board?

also please suggest good sub, below $1000
(29-Jan-2017, 10:25)musicinmymind Wrote: Thanks for suggestion,

did carry 120 to seller place and had similar experience, bass was week also no SAM found for 1027be. My media room is also small, 14x14 approx, even if I get floor standing speakers and bigger devialet, will have problems in position speakers effectively.

The problem with LS50 is, it does not fill the room, especially the subbass rumble, sometime I like it. I thinking of getting a good sub,

If you are in states, Rythmik audio makes good subs below 1000..Shipping it to Europe would be very expensive though.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
(30-Jan-2017, 20:14)sam1000 Wrote:
(29-Jan-2017, 10:25)musicinmymind Wrote: Thanks for suggestion,

If you are in states, Rythmik audio makes good subs below 1000..Shipping it to Europe would be very expensive though.

Thanks I had already narrowed down to Rythmik F12G, I live in India, it is expensive here too compared to states 
A 14x14 room should not be a issue for the LS50's. I am surprised that you find the bass lacking. So a better bet will be to get a sub instead of bigger speakers which will also be more imposing in the room.