Poll: Spark or AirPlay - best sound quality?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Spark
71.43%
15 71.43%
AirPlay
28.57%
6 28.57%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark vs. AirPlay?
Use 2xPhantom Gold and Dialog (AirPlay ready). Wired connection via Apple AirPort Extreme N-class. iMac, iPhone, Tidal on streaming

Strange things - I'll found AirPlay sound quality better than Spark (more powerful, more dynamics on 16/44 matherial)? Is this possible?

Attached a poll - please vote

Thanks
Itunes is a better music library manager.
You can use Windows audio session output instead of direct sound (on Windows) to enhance the sound quality to Bit Perfect and play HD Files up to 24/192 .
I don't know if Airplay is re sampling music to 48Khz
Play Govi Lovers Moon with airplay at volume 55-65 and you will hear the tweeter distortion and then play same in spark and its crystal clear
Tested only on 16/44 files

Ok, maybe this is in break in period
Yes there's a bit of distortion on airplay you will notice this specially on the High Frequency of the Phantom but you get louder volume on airplay i also compared this using spotify connect against airplay.
I also have two golds and an AirPlay Dialog.

I have also experienced a crackle on higher frequencies when using AirPlay. The best way I have found to hear it, is to use an audio test track (search for 'Audio Test' in iTunes/Spotify/Tidal and you should find something!). Play a track with a test tone that sweeps through the frequencies.

There is no crackle when the same track is played via Tidal in Spark.

This appears to a problem with the implementation of AirPlay in the new Dialog as I can play the test track via AirPlay to other speakers without any crackle.

I will be reporting this to Devialet support... has anyone else already reported the problem and if so, had any response?

Also, can anyone confirm that Spotify Connect doesn't have this problem?

I'm trying to decide between Tidal, Apple Music and Spotify... the Tidal interface isn't very nice through Spark, AirPlay has the crackle, so I'm thinking Spotify Premium through Spotify Connect may be the best option at the moment...?
(31-Jan-2017, 13:14)Chris Wrote: I also have two golds and an AirPlay Dialog.

I have also experienced a crackle on higher frequencies when using AirPlay. The best way I have found to hear it, is to use an audio test track (search for 'Audio Test' in iTunes/Spotify/Tidal and you should find something!). Play a track with a test tone that sweeps through the frequencies.

There is no crackle when the same track is played via Tidal in Spark.

This appears to a problem with the implementation of AirPlay in the new Dialog as I can play the test track via AirPlay to other speakers without any crackle.

I will be reporting this to Devialet support... has anyone else already reported the problem and if so, had any response?

Also, can anyone confirm that Spotify Connect doesn't have this problem?

I'm trying to decide between Tidal, Apple Music and Spotify... the Tidal interface isn't very nice through Spark, AirPlay has the crackle, so I'm thinking Spotify Premium through Spotify Connect may be the best option at the moment...?

i have problems with airplay, it sounds like it has interference, it sounds on the tweeter, how is the sound that you hear?
2x Phantom Gold, Dialog Airplay
Yes, that sounds the same as what I'm hearing. It only starts higher in the frequency range, and is coming from the mid and/or tweeter. Have you told Devialet about the problem?
(02-Feb-2017, 08:46)Chris Wrote: Yes, that sounds the same as what I'm hearing. It only starts higher in the frequency range, and is coming from the mid and/or tweeter. Have you told Devialet about the problem?

Yes, they told me that maybe it's the dialog but I don't think so because the sound it's with and without  the dialog ? I think maybe with an update ? 
What do you think? Do you talked to devialet ?
2x Phantom Gold, Dialog Airplay
I have only tried it with the Dialog, but I will see if I get the problem directly to the Phantom and get back to you... It seems likely to be a software problem that could be fixed via an update.

I have submitted the problem to Devialet, but no answer yet...