Poll: Spark or AirPlay - best sound quality?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Spark
71.43%
15 71.43%
AirPlay
28.57%
6 28.57%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark vs. AirPlay?
I thought spark and air play were fairly close. Then I connected my iMac thru optical and have been streaming Tidal MQA. Once i tried it, I can't make myself go back to spark nor air play for serious listening. The sound is incredible!!
How is Tidal MQA better? And does your iMac unpack the full MQA capability?

Thanks
(03-Feb-2017, 00:24)Scubadon Wrote: I thought spark and air play were fairly close. Then I connected my iMac thru optical and have been streaming Tidal MQA. Once i tried it, I can't make myself go back to spark nor air play for serious listening. The sound is incredible!!

You are right the detail is that tidal mqa has a very short library... and the airplay and spark is more for smarthphones, it's more practical

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
2x Phantom Gold, Dialog Airplay
From what I understand, iMac will unpack the full MQA capability. However, the DAC in the gold is limited to 24/192. At 24/192 vs 16/44 the resolution is vastly improved! On a lot of recordings, you can tell the individual instruments, voice inflections, and how everything is placed on the stage. Almost 3d like. If you have a mac, it is worth investing $7 for a mini optical to optical cable to give it a try. Tidal says they will have 30,000 titles by the end of summer.