Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1000 Pro Shutting Itself Down?
Hi All,

First big listening session this weekend via an analogue source (Kronos Sparta) to my 1000 Pro. Into the 4th hour of listening my 1000  shut itself down twice in the space of about 20 minutes. Slightly concerning. It's happened before too. 

Anyone else had this issue? From a streamer of CD it's fine no problems. 

Thanks,

Eric
Did you check the temperature right after it shut down? Might be overheating.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
It's never happened to my 1000 Pro. My guess is that the cartridge gain is too low, casing overheating somewhere. What volume level was needed for normal listening levels?

Otherwise, it might just be a faulty unit.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Did it completely shut itself down or cut it's output temporarily for <2s? At what volume level did it happen?
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Thank you everyone this is really helpful. Here are some more details answers to your questions:

- Cartridge is a Lyra Etna
- The unit completely shut down
- I was listening at -20.
- I didn't record the temp when it shut off.
- My current settings are (I've tried a few and this is the best for sound quality:
EQ Curve: RIAA 1976
Max Level: 0.50 MV
Loading: High
0 PF
Phase: [+]
Subsonic: On
ICM: Off
DPM: On
Is there an error message? ["Last Fault" info screen when you press & hold the tone button on remote]
And you can check the temperature just after you turned it on again when it crashes. It's on one of the info screens as well.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Classic case of unit getting too hot and shutting down. I had a similar problem with my D400 unit overheating with a Rega Apheata 2. But then Devialet did a firmware upgrade (sorry forgot which one) and the temps settled at 40-45c. You should check the gain is set properly for the particular cart in the configurator.