Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best player to use with a MIND and Mac mini music server
I am interested in opinions of players(server software) to use with the MIND 180. I have previously used eLyric as it was easy to use with the MIND but I am wondering if some of the slowness that I experienced with the MIND was due to the player. I also tried Asset and Twonky which were unsuccessful with the Mac. I am frustrated with Devialet Air dropping music and I dont experience that with the MIND using AES cables.
Are you asking about Control Point (App running on iPhone etc to control MIND/Mac) or media server (App which serves music held on the Mac & also provides a dictionary of media to the Control Point)?

Don't know much about the MIND 180 but there are lots of Control Points and Media Servers about, most of which interoperate well.

Cheers,

Rik
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
(29-Oct-2014, 08:47)rik Wrote: Are you asking about Control Point (App running on iPhone etc to control MIND/Mac) or media server (App which serves music held on the Mac & also provides a dictionary of media to the Control Point)?

Don't know much about the MIND 180 but there are lots of Control Points and Media Servers about, most of which interoperate well.

Cheers,

Rik

I am asking about the media server
Before the Devialet days I used minimserver.com, installed on my NAS, I do believe it can also be used on a computer.

I liked it.

Kind regards

Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
+1 for Minimserver. Nice and easy to get running, reliable and highly configurable. Asset is also excellent and I believe is available/about to be available on Linux for NASes. I never got on with Twonky at all, though not sure how much better current versions are. Another server which many probably haven't heard of is Serviio, which works a treat on my Qnap NAS though the audio configuration options are lacking. I still use it for streaming video to my TV though, and used it for audio purposes about a year when I had Linn DS players.
Another +1 for Minimserver. I've used it on a ReadyNAS Duo V2 for 18m with no problems whatsoever Smile
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(29-Oct-2014, 17:51)PhilP Wrote: Another +1 for Minimserver. I've used it on a ReadyNAS Duo V2 for 18m with no problems whatsoever Smile

I am going to give ASSET a trial tomorrow as I was in touch with the MIND support and this is what they suggested