Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shocking Customer Service
I am a bit confused by the role of the dealer. Why doesn't he take care of this matter? I had the ferrite noise and can confirm that the upgrade to 220 does elimate the noise.
Devialet 220pro - Sonus Faber Olympica II - Moon Neo 260D - Oppo BDP103 - Lessloss DFPC Signature - Lessloss Firewall - Intel NUC - AQ USB Coffee

The Netherlands
Actually come to think of it a Devialet dealer should be able to just order another PSU board and replace out the one making the noise.
(30-Jan-2017, 15:58)TheMadButcher Wrote: Help me devialet chat community, you're my only hope

Being brutal, I'm not clear how you're expecting the community to help (other than by providing moral support).  If you're unhappy with what you bought, and Devialet are not responding, then you should get your dealer involved.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(30-Jan-2017, 13:25)TheMadButcher Wrote: ...
My dealer also told me that it was a B grade finish.

Defiinitely get your dealer involved.  I had a problem recently with a new 220 Pro and my dealer was really able to grease the skids working with Devialet to get it resolved.

But.. I'm curious to know what "B grade finish" means.   Was he just commenting on what he saw or was your Devialet somehow designated "B grade" (and perhaps discounted as such).
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
What I can see from your video is that the one surface is polished below the optical visual structures, while the rougher one was polished up to the finest degree necessary so our eyes cannot see any structures anymore. If you dare to, you could get yourself a polish cloth and paste and get the rough surface to the level you want. In principal it would be the same as if you polish your car.

Just my 2 Cents

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
(30-Jan-2017, 17:04)thumb5 Wrote:
(30-Jan-2017, 15:58)TheMadButcher Wrote: Help me devialet chat community, you're my only hope

Being brutal, I'm not clear how you're expecting the community to help (other than by providing moral support).  If you're unhappy with what you bought, and Devialet are not responding, then you should get your dealer involved.
It was a star wars thing.
I needed to laugh about something to prevent me from ripping my hair out

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
I'll get my dealer involved and keep you all posted.

The dealer that i got my companion from said that they had seen the rough finish before and that it was "b grade"
I'll try and get more info from them.

The dealer i got my master from got me a brand new one for full price.
If i had a second unit to compare it to then i would have known that not all units are like this and i could have sorted the issue out straight away.

You would be shocked to see how the cases for D200 look from inside. I will post a photo in my next post.
(30-Jan-2017, 19:16)Krisp Wrote: What I can see from your video is that the one surface is polished below the optical visual structures, while the rougher one was polished up to the finest degree necessary so our eyes cannot see any structures anymore. If you dare to, you could get yourself a polish cloth and paste and get the rough surface to the level you want. In principal it would be the same as if you polish your car.

Just my 2 Cents

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
The only thing i worry about is it is plated.
Unlike polishing other metals, the high grit could scrape away the plating and leave me with an even worse finish.
Too risky for me to try.

Might just pay to have them sprayed black by my auto body work guy.
I'll see what the dealer says first.

Manoet's black anodized version would be my ideal finish but I'm sure that would come at quite a cost...

(30-Jan-2017, 19:42)Devialetuser Wrote: You would be shocked to see how the cases for D200 look from inside. I will post a photo in my next post.
Are the cases easy to separate from the electronics?
Is it just the underside screws?