Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shocking Customer Service
As the Devialet amps have a distinctive finish, I can understand that having them differ in color as well as finish quality is understandably distressing.
However, I don't think that the tone of the correspondence to Devialet was very helpful. It was accusatory and somewhat insulting. I just wouldn't have started out that way in asking them for help. As well, it would be hard for them to really make a fair evaluation from videos.

I had a remote fail a year or so ago, and my dealer replaced it immediately, so I would think that the dealer would be the first and best point of remedy. I'm also surprised that they evaluated the master finish as 'B grade' but did not offer to address it themselves promptly.

Presumably you were comfortable with the finish of the master in the time since you purchased it. Possibly Devialet has improved their production in the time between the manufacture of the master and the companion.

Finally, was the noise apparent before the companion was added? If not then that suggests some wiring or cabling issue. I am assuming that you did not hear, or did not mind, the humming if it was present before. My cabling skills and knowledge are minimal so I couldn't suggest anything on that point.

Maybe Naim was wise to go with 'basic black' for their systems; those guys are always adding boxes to their systems; a product line in 'Vader Black' in the 'Dimpled Death Star' textured finish.

Really do hope the dealer can resolve both issues for you.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(30-Jan-2017, 20:09)Damon Wrote: As the Devialet amps have a distinctive finish, I can understand that having them differ in color as well as finish quality is understandably distressing.
However, I don't think that the tone of the correspondence to Devialet was very helpful. It was accusatory and somewhat insulting. I just wouldn't have started out that way in asking them for help. As well, it would be hard for them to really make a fair evaluation from videos.

I had a remote fail a year or so ago, and my dealer replaced it immediately, so I would think that the dealer would be the first and best point of remedy. I'm also surprised that they evaluated the master finish as 'B grade' but did not offer to address it themselves promptly.

Presumably you were comfortable with the finish of the master in the time since you purchased it. Possibly Devialet has improved their production in the time between the manufacture of the master and the companion.

Finally, was the noise apparent before the companion was added? If not then that suggests some wiring or cabling issue. I am assuming that you did not hear, or did not mind, the humming if it was present before. My cabling skills and knowledge are minimal so I couldn't suggest anything on that point.

Maybe Naim was wise to go with 'basic black' for their systems; those guys are always adding boxes to their systems; a product line in 'Vader Black' in the 'Dimpled Death Star' textured finish.

Really do hope the dealer can resolve both issues for you.
I think my first email to them was fine but after receiving their response that there was absolutely nothing wrong, i may have lost it a bit.
The video was sent in the early stages and they agreed to have the unit shipped back to them.
I was very grateful to them as i thought everything would be resolved though i still had a feeling they weren't entirely convinced.
I think it's pretty clear to see the issues from the video and photos, maybe not the best for them to judge for themselves.
In any case, they have the unit and have seen it in the flesh only to have the same response that nothing is wrong.
Can you honestly say that nothing is wrong with the finish?

The dealer of my companion told me that the master had a b grade finish when i described the difference to him.
I bought my master from someone else.
I thought dealing with devialet direct would be the quick fuss free option as the problems were as clear as day to me.

I was only comfortable with the finish as i had nothing else to compare it to.
I assumed all units had this level of finish.
Another member on the forum that had a d170 checked their casing and it is absolutely perfect.
This unit would be a lot older than mine so quality control must have slipped as the volume of units they were selling went up.
Also i believe my companion is older than my master and the finish is perfect on the companion.

The noise was apparent before but once again, not having another unit to compare it to, i assumed all units made this noise.

Naim's black box finish would be perfect.
I never liked the idea of a fingerprint magnet finish but it just sounds so good compared to the 4 naim boxes it replaced.

I'll bring it up with my original dealer and keep you all posted.
I sure hope something can be done about all of this too.

Thanks for reading

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
(30-Jan-2017, 19:25)TheMadButcher Wrote:
(30-Jan-2017, 17:04)thumb5 Wrote:
(30-Jan-2017, 15:58)TheMadButcher Wrote: Help me devialet chat community, you're my only hope

Being brutal, I'm not clear how you're expecting the community to help (other than by providing moral support).  If you're unhappy with what you bought, and Devialet are not responding, then you should get your dealer involved.
It was a star wars thing.
I needed to laugh about something to prevent me from ripping my hair out

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Fair enough - sorry for the sense of humour failure!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Hi TheMadButcher

A few months ago I start hearing a very distinctive discontinuous "ringing sound" from my Devialet / B&W 800 D2, which appeared like an echo at certain moments. I eliminated the problem by disconnecting the devialet from the power supply, restarting without the configuration card, leaving it on for a few minutes, then reinserting the card and restarting again. This may explain why devialet support does not hear anything strange.
Regards.

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk
I just want to say that I have had the best customer experience with Devialet. They upgraded by D400 to D440 Pro in a record time of 10 days that includes UPS delay of one day. I have lately seen that they have improved their customer service by quite a margin. This has been my experience.
So, i finally got round to getting my dealer involved.
Work has been crazy at the moment but i finally had a free day.
I sent Paul at Hi Fi Lounge the same pictures and video that I sent to Devialet.
He had a word with his rep who later told Paul that nothing was wrong.
They had their top guys look at the case and listen for the noise.
Apparently, everything was fine and they still thought there were no issues at all.
The rep suggested I take it to Paul so he could see the issues in person.
We had a look today and Paul agrees that something is not right.
He can hear the whirring sound and also has seen the scratch marks in person.
The Devialet rep will be popping in on Tuesday so Paul will show him everything in person and hopefully this can all be resolved.

I still can't get my head round Devialet saying there are no issues.
Please look at the photos, video and audio file in the first post again.
Its as clear as day!

Anyway, I will keep you all posted on the outcome.

Can't thank Paul enough for his help.

Cheers mate

So the devialet rep had a look at my unit but couldn't be straight about anyway of resolving this.
No question that he could see and hear the issues but he wouldn't acknowledge them directly.
Once again, putting things off to a later date.
He said he would get back to my dealer yesterday but he hasn't.
Paul from hi fi lounge is trying to get an answer for me and I'll let you know the outcome.

Why are devialet being so difficult?
I just don't understand it.

So, there has been an interesting development.
My apologies for lack of updates but work has been very busy.
After my dealers involvement, rather than changing my case and tweaking the insides, devialet decided to give me a completely new unit!
I was not expecting this at all after the months of emails.
I am very grateful to them for this and am happy to report that the case is immaculate and the noise is very very low.
I can still hear it but it is a lot less than before.
It is similar to the companion which is also very low compared to my old unit.

A huge thank you to Guillaume (the UK devialet rep) and Paul at Hi Fi Lounge.
This couldn't have happened without their help.

I am once again an extremely happy devialet owner.
My system sounds amazing and more importantly I'm no longer distracted by the whirring sound or the case.
I'm just a guy who can get lost in the music again.

Many people purchased Devialet due to its amazing look, and I think Devialet knows about it, so in this case, the finishing and how long the finish can last is extremely important to this kind of product. Devialet should take care of it if its not damaged by the end-user.

If one can hear the noise from 1 meter away, this is unacceptable! As an high-end product, this is not a toy, it is very expensive product for many many people, people put their hard earned money into this brand with trust. I feel sorry for your situation and I encourage everyone speak up to protect us as customers.
(21-Apr-2017, 22:04)TheMadButcher Wrote: So, there has been an interesting development.
My apologies for lack of updates but work has been very busy.
After my dealers involvement, rather than changing my case and tweaking the insides, devialet decided to give me a completely new unit!
I was not expecting this at all after the months of emails.
I am very grateful to them for this and am happy to report that the case is immaculate and the noise is very very low.
I can still hear it but it is a lot less than before.
It is similar to the companion which is also very low compared to my old unit.

A huge thank you to Guillaume (the UK devialet rep) and Paul at Hi Fi Lounge.
This couldn't have happened without their help.

I am once again an extremely happy devialet owner.
My system sounds amazing and more importantly I'm no longer distracted by the whirring sound or the case.
I'm just a guy who can get lost in the music again.

Glad to hear this worked out.  Hoping they deal with the cosmetic issue involving my power button swiftly.