Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon v1.3 is now live !
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-1-3-is-live/19239

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon is getting better and better. I really hope Devialet is working on Roon support on the new LAN streamer card.

I know they are have at least been in contact.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

I wonder what the API that is being developed by Roon could mean for this... It could make things so much easier for Devialet.

I think Roon is very portable, given the number of devices they already support.

I also recall a bunch of us Squeezebox users requesting to include the Squeeze platform. The CTO took it upon himself to adapt it without manufacturer's help, given the product has long been abandoned by Logitech and founder Sean Adams. It took them weeks to finish it, and it has worked flawlessly since then.

The Roon folks are fantastic when it comes to listening and communicating. When you report a bug with a new release it usually takes them minutes to respond, and if bug fixed they usually post the fix in hours.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

(04-Feb-2017, 09:13)agentsmith Wrote: The Roon folks are fantastic when it comes to listening and communicating.  When you report a bug with a new release it usually takes them minutes to respond, and if bug fixed they usually post the fix in hours.

It's my understanding the they squash many hundreds if not thousands of issues/bugs per development cycle.

Devialet are still working frantically on the same handful that were reported two years ago.

Who's code would you rather have delivering music data around your house and to the Devialet unit? Big Grin
Sadly, I don't believe they're developing RoonReady for the streamer board, as much as I want it.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(03-Feb-2017, 18:23)LBameule Wrote: I wonder what the API that is being developed by Roon could mean for this... It could make things so much easier for Devialet.

The API is more for end users and developers of things like home automation and other integrated systems.

The RoonReady program works directly with Roon hardware partners to get the Roon RAAT code on their hardware and help integrate it into their setups. It's already as easy for Devialet as it is for all the other brands that are undergoing RoonReady certification. I don't think the lack of public API was ever a hinderance.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(04-Feb-2017, 09:46)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Sadly, I don't believe they're developing RoonReady for the streamer board, as much as I want it.

I suspect you're right there.  It's quite interesting to keep an eye on the careers section of the Devialet website.  They have had a few software engineering roles recently, most seemed to refer to UPNP in the JD.
Reassuring to know that they're not only developing something no one wants, they're only just hiring for it!

It's really sad - such a wasted opportunity to develop something that could be really special. If only they'd jettison (what I assume to be) their "Not Invented Here" thinking and just collaborate with Roon.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(04-Feb-2017, 10:58)thumb5 Wrote: It's really sad - such a wasted opportunity to develop something that could be really special.  If only they'd jettison (what I assume to be) their "Not Invented Here" thinking and just collaborate with Roon.

+1

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK