Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon v1.3 is now live !
(04-Feb-2017, 11:17)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(04-Feb-2017, 10:58)thumb5 Wrote: It's really sad - such a wasted opportunity to develop something that could be really special.  If only they'd jettison (what I assume to be) their "Not Invented Here" thinking and just collaborate with Roon.

+1

Guillaume

I know many people, including myself, would have put RoonReady when choosing a new streamer.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

(04-Feb-2017, 13:18)agentsmith Wrote:
(04-Feb-2017, 11:17)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(04-Feb-2017, 10:58)thumb5 Wrote: It's really sad - such a wasted opportunity to develop something that could be really special.  If only they'd jettison (what I assume to be) their "Not Invented Here" thinking and just collaborate with Roon.

+1

Guillaume

I know many people, including myself, would have put RoonReady when choosing a new streamer.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

One question for understanding 

Why do many of you asking for Roon on Expert ?
Roon is running  on NAS where most of you is storing the music files

So what is the difference to run Roon on the NAS or on Expert

Thanks for updating
It's not the Roon Core we want on the expert, which is the bit you refer to.

It's the Roon 'Bridge' that allows Roon streaming directly to the Experts Ethernet input, and would allow it to be grouped with other Roon zones running the RAAT protocol. The official version of this is called Roon Ready which is a hardware specific implementation, and which is certified as working properly by both Roon and the manufacturer. Dropouts wouldn't be tolerated Wink.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Thanks !!