Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NAD M50.2
Hi All, I have started a new thread as I could not find one already.

Does anyone have any experience with this product. It seems to tick all the right boxes (Roon ready, AES / EBU connector, Spotify /Tidal ready) Plus the added convenience of a ripper makes it easy to add new content.

How does this compare with the likes of Medco and Aurender? I would love too read any comparative notes on SQ with the Devialet.
My friend has one as part of his NAD system, and it keeps having reliability problems with different generations of NAD M-series, so I haven't compared SQ given that I prefer not to lose my music or have my player flake out so often. If you think AIR is bad... NAD needs to get their reliability sorted before I'd touch them again. Maybe this latest update of the player works perfectly but we won't know for a while.
Thanks for the tip deviousalet ! I was not aware that NAD had reliability issues. They often created an image as the no-nonsense manufacturer with simple "music-first" approach. Shame they have not lived up to it.

I have never owned NAD equipment, but have only heard good things about SQ (of course at the price point).

Let's hope this M50.2 product salvaged them. It's well specced and priced quite aggressively too for all the features.
The new NAD 50.2 will first come on sale in Denmark during April month, and I intend to compare it up against an Innuos Zenith mk. II wich is priced similary here in Denmark. It has similar functionality as well.

Melco is not available through Danish retailers, and has a higher pricetag than the two above. It seems that Melco is the one others should be compared up against.

Best wishes; Jens
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro Core Infinity, 2 x Nordost Tyr2 Power Cable, 2 x 3 x IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze Isolator Pods, AudioQuest WEL Signature Digital RCA-RCA / SimAudio MOON NEO 260D CD Transport, Nordost Tyr2 Power Cable, 3 x IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze Isolator Pods, AudioQuest Wild Digital AES/EBU / Rega RP10 w. Aphelion Pickup, Nordost Tyr2 Power Cable / Innuos Statement 4TB, Nordost Tyr2 Power Cable, 3 x IsoAcoustics Orea Bourdeaux IsoAcoustics Isolator Pods + 3 x IsoAcoustics Orea Indigo IsoAcoustics Isolator Pods , TelluriumQ Silver Diamond USB / Bowers & Wilkins 800 D3, IsoAcoustics Gaia I Isolator Pods, TelluriumQ Statement Speaker Cable and Jumpers / B&W DB1D, Nordost TYR2 Power Cable, 2 x AudioQuest Wild Dog Analog RCA-RCA / AudioQuest Niagra 7000 Low-Z Power Noise-Dissipation System, Nordost Valhalla2 Power Cable, 4 x IsoAcoustics Orea Bourdeaux Isolator Pods  / 3 x Dedicated 16 AMP power line with Furutec FT-SWS NCF Wall socket / Supra Ethernet 8 cables and AQVOX AQ-Switch SE.
Can we refresh this please? I understand if it has reliability issues but it doesn't mean that the SQ is affected. Maybe it can be up there with Aurender and Lumin streamers ?

I am interested in it since it offers a CD Playback/Ripping, wide list of digital outputs, DAC-less, Roon ready and is MQA ready.

For the given price, I would jump on it if it was streaming Qobuz.
Mac Mini ----> Audioquest Diamond USB ---> Devialet Expert 250 ---> AudioQuest Meteor ---> Focal Scala Utopia