Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volume automatically going down or up
Recently I've had a few times that when I change the volume to a certain new level it sometimes continues automatically either down or up. Looking at the moment at the display on the Expert you see it quickly altering between two digits. It looks like the remote may be in between positions and doesn't know what to do exactly. Touching the dial on the remote resolves the problem but my biggest concern is the volume automatically going up.

I for sure will hear it but my children changing the volume may not know how to react. If they don't react at all I think I can say goodbye to my speakers.

I didn't have this at any time before the upgrade so I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue? If so, since the remote was not replaced during the upgrade (although taken apart) it may be a software issue.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(04-Feb-2017, 11:46)iamwappie Wrote: Recently I've had a few times that when I change the volume to a certain new level it sometimes continues automatically either down or up. Looking at the moment at the display on the Expert you see it quickly altering between two digits. It looks like the remote may be in between positions and doesn't know what to do exactly. Touching the dial on the remote resolves the problem but my biggest concern is the volume automatically going up.

I for sure will hear it but my children changing the volume may not know how to react. If they don't react at all I think I can say goodbye to my speakers.

I didn't have this at any time before the upgrade so I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue? If so, since the remote was not replaced during the upgrade (although taken apart) it may be a software issue.
I've had this exact problem three times now, but not for a few weeks now. Twice it went down, once up, the music was paused when it went up, and I spotted it before resuming. I agree speaker death is my big worry.
I don't use the physical remote often, and one time it happened was when pressing mute, not changing volume, but I could have brushed the knob.
It was suggested to me I remove the remote batteries for a few mins, that was mid December, it's not happened since I did that.
My 400 was swapped for a 440, so the remote was new, never happened with the old remote.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
Hiya
I had the same problem after I got my upgraded 220 back... it even changed volume while I was in a different room to the remote which was a bit spooky.
Logged it with support and after a few emails Devialet accepted it was a faulty remote and that they has seen a very small number of instances of the same problem.
My dealer supplied a new one and it has worked flawlessly since!
Chord Blu > D200 > Martin Logan Ethos : Saddleworth, England
Thank you for the response. Good to know this is a known issue. Will create a ticket for this. I have no luck with the remote since the upgrade. I already got a new one since the dial on the one initially supplied stopped dialing.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
Change the battery of the remote! That did solve my problem with new 1000 Pro. The battery was faulty even the amp was new.
Just encountered the same problem  - at least I'm not the only one!  Tried "rebooting" the remote as well - no luck - though it seems to occur with small volume changes rather than lager turns of the dial - placed a ticket - hopefully an easy fix . . or replacement.
Roon/mac mini > hqplayer > sms-200 ultra and MC-3+ USB both clocked via Mutec Ref 10 > MIT Oracle MA-X AES/EBU > D440 > Dynaudio C1 MkII via MIT Matrix HD-60
(05-Feb-2017, 08:03)Waiski Wrote: Change the battery of the remote! That did solve my problem with new 1000 Pro. The battery was faulty even the amp was new.

If a few dollars worth of battery would solve this it means that it a serious design flaw as one could blow up the speakers due to 'wrong' batteries?
(05-Feb-2017, 18:36)iamwappie Wrote:
(05-Feb-2017, 08:03)Waiski Wrote: Change the battery of the remote! That did solve my problem with new 1000 Pro. The battery was faulty even the amp was new.

Is a few dollars worth of battery would solve this it means that it a serious design flaw as one could blow up the speakers due to 'wrong' batteries?
It also suggests lots of people are going to have this problem sometime in the future when their batteries drain.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
Unfortunately I also experienced that the volume went down automatically when using my Le 220 PRO (upgraded from Le 200). It happend a few times in a short period of time and also after replacing the batteries by fresh ones. Yesterday I filed a ticket.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
Devialet 440 CI Pro; AudioQuest Castle Rock; Bowers & Wilkins 801D4; Auralic Aries G1 with Hoerwege power supply, CD Player Meridian 507; Qobuz Studio
Quick update . . 

Just received a reply from Devialet indicating that a replacement is needed . . apparently through my dealer though I'm still waiting on the details.
Roon/mac mini > hqplayer > sms-200 ultra and MC-3+ USB both clocked via Mutec Ref 10 > MIT Oracle MA-X AES/EBU > D440 > Dynaudio C1 MkII via MIT Matrix HD-60