Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Warm units when not used?
The issues with SW and FW remain more or less the same since the last 1.5 years. Most initial issues have been fixed. What remains to be fixed is gapless play with Spark, and from time to time short glitches on Dialogs optical input. However, in general a very reliable system with great SQ and extraordinary form factor! Maybe many do not realize that the driver sizes are larger than on my B&W 802, with the linearity, large driver excursions and low distortion provide an excellent sound at low, moderate and high volumes. And this all at moderate costs! I remain being a Phantom fan and can live with the minor remaining issues that can be overcome easily. I have no dropouts what so ever on the optical inputs of the Phantoms, can use roon for gapless play with cheap Raspberry PI, can play Qobuz, and Spotify at its highest qualities, do not have to care about damaging the system or getting distortion at whatever volume I set while listening. When I play music it is almost instantaneously playing and in sync in multiroom setups. Repairability is an issue, but so far I had no issues and am using them daily for almost two years.