Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Enthusiast Brands will Betray You
To be clear I too agree (and accept) that being an early adopter one pays more than someone who waits patiently for a market to settle/new products to come out or buys the previous one second hand.

That's not the issue, I did watch the video and in reference to that I responded to mdconnelly (who also watched the Youtube video) who asked -whether- Devialet will 'betray' us. I feel it has already happened, more than once even.

I don't really care but NickB made nothing but an off topic personal 'attack'. He responds to people expressing disappointment (or who give critical/sarcastic remarks) in the same way everywhere (I've seen him do the same on the Roon forum) so that just seems to be his m.o.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(13-Feb-2017, 16:40)Antoine Wrote: They already 'betrayed' the early adopters when they introduced the 110/170(/240) models after the D-Premier which were in effect cheaper artificially downscaled D-Premiers.

A few years later they betrayed the Od'A buyers too when they introduced the Pro line.

At least there was a three year gap between the launch of the D Premier and that of the 240 and rest of the line.

The gap between O d'A and 1000 PRO was so short IMHO that they had little option but to offer a free upgrade to all O d'A owners. I ordered mine within weeks of the O d'A being announced and this was delivered in April 2016. Within weeks of this the conjecture started about a newer "better" model. That was probably the most unpleasant part since due to the gagging order placed on all dealers after the infamous Versailles event no one would confirm or refute these rumours. 

Then just to rub it in we are last in line for the upgrade.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(15-Feb-2017, 13:49)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(13-Feb-2017, 16:40)Antoine Wrote: They already 'betrayed' the early adopters when they introduced the 110/170(/240) models after the D-Premier which were in effect cheaper artificially downscaled D-Premiers.

A few years later they betrayed the Od'A buyers too when they introduced the Pro line.

At least there was a three year gap between the launch of the D Premier and that of the 240 and rest of the line.

The gap between O d'A and 1000 PRO was so short IMHO that they had little option but to offer a free upgrade to all O d'A owners. I ordered mine within weeks of the O d'A being announced and this was delivered in April 2016. Within weeks of this the conjecture started about a newer "better" model. That was probably the most unpleasant part since due to the gagging order placed on all dealers after the infamous Versailles event no one would confirm or refute these rumours. 

Then just to rub it in we are last in line for the upgrade.

Guillaume
I can see this from both sides but agree that the gap between launch of the O'dA and the 'standard' Pro was very short, and one I did not understand. Being last in the queue for upgrade must also sting.
Never mind when you get it back it will sound as least as good as my 1000Pro and definitely look a whole lot better!

Kevin
Devialet 1000 Pro; Magico A5 loudspeakers; Metronome T3a Signature CD Transport; dCS Network Bridge; Kuzma M turntable; Kuzma 4Point14 tonearm; Koetsu Sky Blue; Benzmicro LPS; Audioquest Vodka Ethernet; Transparent Reference Digital RCA-RCA; Transparent Reference XL MM2 speaker cable; Transparent Reference mains cable; PS Audio P5 PowerPlant; Artesania and Finite Elemente equipment racks 
North Somerset, UK