Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Remote: inconsistent range
Hi Guys,

It seems my Phantom remote is either dying, or perhaps this is what others are also experiencing.

Ever since new, my remote would have inconsistent range. At best, I could control my Phantoms no more than 20 feet away. This was with new batteries.

Now, the range has been inconsistent. Sometimes it works at this said distance, but now, it only works when about two feet away. And this is also with new batteries.

I cleaned the terminals, so that isn't the issue as far as I can tell.

Batteries are full charge (duracell).

I've tried re-pairing with both of my Phantoms several times without any change in performance. I have also done a full system restart in case there was some odd interaction...but also no change.

Wondering if anyone else has encountered this performance issue before starting a support ticket with Devialet.

Thank you.
(17-Feb-2017, 00:31)kameraguy Wrote: Hi Guys,

It seems my Phantom remote is either dying, or perhaps this is what others are also experiencing.

Ever since new, my remote would have inconsistent range. At best, I could control my Phantoms no more than 20 feet away. This was with new batteries.

Now, the range has been inconsistent. Sometimes it works at this said distance, but now, it only works when about two feet away. And this is also with new batteries.

I cleaned the terminals, so that isn't the issue as far as I can tell.

Batteries are full charge (duracell).

I've tried re-pairing with both of my Phantoms several times without any change in performance. I have also done a full system restart in case there was some odd interaction...but also no change.

Wondering if anyone else has encountered this performance issue before starting a support ticket with Devialet.

Thank you.

No, i have two remotes and they function perfect
My remote is about 10 days old and has new batteries. 20ft is not possible with mine. The remote also needs a really long time for wakeup. I think it was not the best idea to choose a Bluetooth connection for that..
(17-Feb-2017, 11:48)da2001 Wrote: My remote is about 10 days old and has new batteries. 20ft is not possible with mine. The remote also needs a really long time for wakeup. I think it was not the best idea to choose a Bluetooth connection for that..

In my case it's not blue tooth
I have been using a remote since late October 2016 (bought from Devialet's main store in Paris) with two non-Bluetooth Silver Phantoms, frequently up to 30ft away from the Phantoms.

It works very well and is still on its factory batteries.
Something may be interfering with the wireless remote. Perhaps there is a new device in the area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the replies guys, seems I may have interference or possibly a failing remote. I'll troubleshoot some more.