Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIDAL question
I will definitely give it a try and see if it is more stable.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Well TIDAL is certainly addictive, but I dont think I will bother trying to get it set up using AIR as the sound quality using the AK300 DAP is quite stunning to be honest. I has took me by total surprise how good this DAP is. I feel that I will use TIDAL a lot now but will ultimately still buy downloads as I do like to own my music still.
If I do start to use TIDAL more and more then I may consider trying to get AIR up and running again.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
I use Tidal to discover, and then add things to a 'buy' list. If I'm still enjoying them months later I tend to pull the trigger and buy - either CD or download depending on prices.

But to be honest, you start building quite a library and there's no way I'd be able to afford to buy it all, so you do get suckered into long-term subscription.

Having access to so much music is amazing, but it still takes me time to find new stuff I like.... which surprises me, I thought I'd just be swamped with great new music and not enough time to listen, but finding it still seems like the hardest part. Roon doesn't help much in that regard, I hear Spotify is much better at recommendations so I might try that for discovery.

Is the AK portable Womaz? If so, can it access Tidal out of the house?

(Just looked it up - ouch that's expensive! Am interested to know how it works with streaming away from home? Wifi/cellular?)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(19-Mar-2017, 12:13)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I use Tidal to discover, and then add things to a 'buy' list. If I'm still enjoying them months later I tend to pull the trigger and buy - either CD or download depending on prices.

But to be honest, you start building quite a library and there's no way I'd be able to afford to buy it all, so you do get suckered into long-term subscription.

Having access to so much music is amazing, but it still takes me time to find new stuff I like.... which surprises me, I thought I'd just be swamped with great new music and not enough time to listen, but finding it still seems like the hardest part. Roon doesn't help much in that regard, I hear Spotify is much better at recommendations so I might try that for discovery.

Is the AK portable Womaz? If so, can it access Tidal out of the house?

(Just looked it up - ouch that's expensive!  Am interested to know how it works with streaming away from home?  Wifi/cellular?)

I have not tried it out of the house, I just assumed it only works with TIdal where I can access wifi. On my holidays I intend to use it for my own music. If Tidal was available it could be a game changer.
I have only had it three days and I am flooded with ideas and have been doing some reminiscing with The Associates, Japan, Echo and the Bunnymen etc ........loving it
(19-Mar-2017, 12:13)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Having access to so much music is amazing, but it still takes me time to find new stuff I like.... which surprises me, I thought I'd just be swamped with great new music and not enough time to listen, but finding it still seems like the hardest part.

I had the same experiences. I'm still yet to find a method better than listening to the radio. Fortunately I find the iPlayer radio app, combined with the BBC music app a fantastic method of music discovery, I can download shows I'm interested in, and when they play a track I love save it, and look it up later.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
Since I started to use Tidal 2 years ago I haven't bought a single cd or download. I use at work in my work laptop, I use it on my iPhone and iPad I use it in my dining room and kitchen on Sonos, and I use it on the Aurender in the living room. If I add a favourite on either device it is avalibel on all devices. I have compared my own rips to the Tidal stream on the Aurender, I can't hear any difference. I often listen to the playlists recommended by Tidal to find inspiration.

Kind regards Morten

Ps. What headphone will you use with the AK 380 Womaz?
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
(19-Mar-2017, 21:29)Morten Wrote: Since I started to use Tidal 2 years ago I haven't bought a single cd or download. I use at work in my work laptop, I use it on my iPhone and iPad I use it in my dining room and kitchen on Sonos, and I use it on the Aurender in the living room. If I add a favourite on either device it is avalibel on all devices. I have compared my own rips to the Tidal stream on the Aurender, I can't hear any difference. I often listen to the playlists recommended by Tidal to find inspiration.

Kind regards Morten

Ps. What headphone will you use with the AK 380 Womaz?

It's the AK300 not the 380.
I am using it for portable use so I am considering a good in ear . I currently use the Vmoda Forza Metallo and I am amazed how good they sound with the AK300. So thinking a new better in ear is the way to go.
It actually drives my HE1000 to good levels but this is a large headphone so won't be humping that about ?
This give me the inspiration to finally start up my Apple TV use the nice QED glass optic cable and listen to some Tidal masters. Going to use the Tidal desktop application on my laptop as I dont believe you can access the Master titles over the iOS application. But I might be wrong, correct please thanks, Rama.
Just discovered you cant Airplay on Tidal desktop application on a Windows laptop....obviously. How stupid of myself. And on the iOS application Tidal does not yet provide the facility to listen to Master MQA titles. So I am stuck and will have to find a work around for this issue. Will send an email to Tidal asking when MQA titles will be available via their iOS app. I am sure they dont feel the need to switch on that functionality...
(20-Mar-2017, 15:18)Rama Wrote: Just discovered you cant Airplay on Tidal desktop application on a Windows laptop....obviously. How stupid of myself. And on the iOS application Tidal does not yet provide the facility to listen to Master MQA titles. So I am stuck and will have to find a work around for this issue. Will send an email to Tidal asking when MQA titles will be available via their iOS app. I am sure they dont feel the need to switch on that functionality...

You do realize that Airplay is limited to 16/48?
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2