Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What changed? --> only "Disable Devialet Air"
Hi, I used to have this setup working like a well oiled machine, but suddenly things stopped working. Setup is:

Mac or PC --> wifi --> Apple Airport Express --> Ethernet --> Devialet LE200.

As I said, everything used to work fine and I could stream Tidal master @ 24bit/96khz from Tidal to my devialet by simply selecting my devialet on the air app.

Now however, the only thing I am offered in the Devialet Air App is "Disable Devialet", which is checked-in and I cannot uncheck it. I have tried to see whether I can get the old devialet menu entry from my Macbook Pro or from my Windows computer. I tried both version 2.1.3 and 3.0.1 RC to no avail. I also tried to downgrade the devialet software from 10.0.5 to 9.0.1 with no effect. I finally tried to Fix the IP address of the devialet on the speaker configuration. Still, nothing.

The devialet app detects properly the MAC address of the Devialet, but fails to find the IP address. Regardless of whether the devialet is on fixed IP address or DHCP, I can still ping it and further, I can see that the MAC address pinged corresponds to the one the Devialet App finds.

The last thing I can track back prior to everything not working anymore is installing the RC software on my windows 10 laptop.

If anybody has seen anything like this, I will greatly appreciate your help,
Thanks
Amps: Devialet 200, Linn Majik DSi, Pioneer SC-91, Chord Hugo
Speakers: Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2, Tannoy XT6, Triangle Esprit Antal EZ
Headphones: AKG  K-501, Phillips SHP-9500, PSB-M4U, Sony SBH-80, Monster Wireless, Sony MDR-7506, Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
Streamers: Sonos, OS-X Yosemite, El Capitan, High Sierra, Windows-8, Windows-10, Raspberry-Pi
Disregard. I found out the culprit. I have been traveling and when I do I set my laptop's firewall to block any incoming connection, which it seems the devialet app is trying to make a direct connection back from the devialet to the devialet app. So, on the Mac I first disabled the firewall and things worked. Oddly enough, Macs have the firewall disabled by default which is why I had not noticed the problem. So once I figured it was the problem I added an exception to the firewall to allow the devialet Air app to receive incoming connections.
Headphones: AKG  K-501, Phillips SHP-9500, PSB-M4U, Sony SBH-80, Monster Wireless, Sony MDR-7506, Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
Streamers: Sonos, OS-X Yosemite, El Capitan, High Sierra, Windows-8, Windows-10, Raspberry-Pi
Confirmed the problem was the same also on the PC. It was just a bit harder to set the firewall properly on the PC as I had to go through the advanced firewall and delete a couple of erroneous stale firewall entries that were blocking devialet incoming connections there too.
I have this problem on my Macbook Pro and my firewall is disabled. i cannot uncheck that mark. Any other suggestions?
Hello, I had the same problems with MacOSx with in- and out connections Devialet-Air, Time Machine etc. The cause of the problems was with me the virus scanner. Since the scanner / firewall is off, everything is going well!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria