Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Upgraded Remote Control seems intermittent
My new 220 is sounding fantastic and i'm very pleased with the upgrade. I'm sure my remote control is different to what was sent away as the control of the volume doesn't seem to be as smooth and it doesn't seem to have the range it had before. I've swapped batteries but no real change. Anyone else having issues ?

James

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
The only thing I've noted is that sometimes it seems to lose connection and takes a few seconds before it works again. That's with having the remote about 10-12 ft away from the Expert.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Thanks - yes that's sometimes what it does. The old control was solid as a rock and my sofa to the amp is roughly 10 ft away and line of sight. Just wondering if this is normal with the new amps.

James

Hmm - still not good and very poor compared to the previous controller which was perfect and had a better feel to the volume control. I think i'll raise a ticket with Devialet and see what they have to say. 

James

Update on this. Devialet came back with a few suggestions which weren't really that helpful and suggested getting my dealer to lend me another remote to try. With no dealer at the moment i thought i'd try a few things...

1 - No interference issues - i did wonder if my Harmony Hub that sits a few shelves away from my 220 was causing issues. Moving it and then trying it powered down made no difference. No other wireless devices are close to the amp.

2 - Tried a few things found on this forum. Re-pairing, getting the amp to assign a new address to the remote, new batteries, leaving the batteries out for 24hrs. No difference.

I've come to the conclusion that the remote is just not as effective as before. I take it that as the remote went back with the amp as part of the upgrade internals were changed and this has affected the range. My cure at the moment is to sit the remote on a cushion next to me rather than directly on the sofa cushion and it seems to work fine now. It's just not as good as my old 120 remote which seemed to work whatever you did regarding placement...

James

My remote, since 'upgrade' seems to exhibit a slight inertia for a second until it kicks into life. Where as before it seems to respond instantly. A bit of a pain when listening at low levels as I attempt to adjust a small amount and nothing will happen, so I adjust some more and it will jump.

Dunno what they did but it does seem they did something !!
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
(09-Mar-2017, 03:20)tyefighter Wrote: My remote, since 'upgrade' seems to exhibit a slight inertia for a second until it kicks into life. Where as before it seems to respond instantly. A bit of a pain when listening at low levels as I attempt to adjust a small amount and nothing will happen, so I adjust some more and it will jump.

Mine reacts the same since coming back from upgrade.  A little annoying!!
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(09-Mar-2017, 04:55)Dr Tone Wrote:
(09-Mar-2017, 03:20)tyefighter Wrote: My remote, since 'upgrade' seems to exhibit a slight inertia for a second until it kicks into life. Where as before it seems to respond instantly. A bit of a pain when listening at low levels as I attempt to adjust a small amount and nothing will happen, so I adjust some more and it will jump.

Mine reacts the same since coming back from upgrade.  A little annoying!!
I believe I have the same remote unit now with my 250Pro as with the D-Premier. The frame is the same anyway, as my unit early on developed some discoloring that is easy to recognise. The internals may have been changed with the two upgrades, but it works just the same today as in 2012. Never any issues! Always working. The descriptions above reminds me of the Phantom remote - seems to wake from some sort of sleep before it adjusts volume. Quite annoying...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
With my 1000 pro I am using an "250" remote and the one which was send to Devialet for the upgrade. Both units behave exactly the same . No problems even 7 meters away .
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
Thanks chaps - the cushion fix seems to work at present so all is well. I've got to go speaker shopping sometime soon and also find a new dealer so i'll test out my remote control then and see if i've got a dud.

James