Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Verry bad service Devialet
there's an easy way to get clarity, let's all raise a ticket on their site and ask :-)
As long as you have accidental damage on your home insurance you should be ok?

And I am sure to add this as extra cover if you don't have it - will cost a lot less (even if your cover goes up next year after claiming) than the devialet warranty + repair charge?

That said - it is quite ridiculous for something so fragile and easily damagable (side woofers) to have no plan of action for repairs!
This also means that if after the warranty period, there is a technical defect occurs you can throw away the Phantom because repair is not possible.
A friend got this response from devialet

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Phantom is indeed very precious and fragile. Its very construction is so complicated, that it needs one ton of pressure to seal it, thus enabling this amazing distorsion-free sound.

As so, I wish to inform you that the very complex structure and design of the Phantom make it impossible to repair.

The warranty period of two years covers any manufacture issue that can happen. Once this period of two years warranty is over, an exchange is no longer possible.

If your purchase of Phantom was made in the last 30 days, you can purchase a Devialet Care, the three years hardware guarantee, additionally covering up to two accidental incidents, each of them being subjected to the payment of an additional service fee following the pricelist in use.
This is horrible service. I have no choice but to get the devialet care package. Does anyone know if I have a pair of golds, does the devialet care package cover both? Or do I need to pay twice the amount?
It would make me tempted to drop them twice just to get the most out of it! Wink
(25-Feb-2017, 17:50)Jamington2004 Wrote: It would make me tempted to drop them twice just to get the most out of it! Wink

Well if I don't break them in three years,  I'll just replace them at the end of the theee years so I at least get brand new phantoms.  They don't give us any other choice except to pay for a replacement, so you might as well.
Most loudspeakers can not be repaired if you drop them: complex multi layer of wood, hand polished, internal structures, multiple layers of lack.... I had once someone who overturn my B&W Matrix: no repair possible... you could change the speaker and filter, but not the construction...

So not completely strange from Devialet in my opinion.

I have now a very good insurance covering these kinds of accidents, and that would me my advise for all with expensive gear.
(25-Feb-2017, 18:49)Xander Wrote: Most loudspeakers can not be repaired if you drop them: complex multi layer of wood, hand polished, internal structures, multiple layers of lack.... I had once someone who overturn my B&W Matrix: no repair possible... you could change the speaker and filter, but not the construction...

I have now a very good insurance covering these kinds of accidents, and that would me my advise for all with expensive gear.

But, the BMW matrix be broken than the speaker, or the filter can be replaced after 2 or 3 years. Phantom can throw you and that's my point. And that is not covered by insurance. Furthermore, it took 18 months before I got devinitief answer about the fact that a phantom is not repairable.
(25-Feb-2017, 18:49)Xander Wrote: Most loudspeakers can not be repaired if you drop them: complex multi layer of wood, hand polished, internal structures, multiple layers of lack.... I had once someone who overturn my B&W Matrix: no repair possible... you could change the speaker and filter, but not the construction...

That's not really very true is it? I would say 99% of speakers if you blow a tweeter, or damage a mid range / bass driver they can simply be replaced?

And with active units - amp boards could just be replaced?

Even a damaged enclosure / they could take all the clever bits out of the damaged one and put into a new one?

All of which would be a darn site cheaper than buying a new pair of speakers?

IMHO of course Smile