Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Verry bad service Devialet
(19-Mar-2017, 18:10)Ryu79 Wrote: I just got the devialet care package for both of my phantoms.  It's 299/each phantom and you can replace each phantom twice (after paying the 300+ deductible).   Of course any of the replacements have to occur within three years of purchase.   Not happy about it but I wanted to fix a large dent in one of my phantoms and was forced to get the extended warranty just to get a replacement,  otherwise I keep the damaged phantom or buy a new one.   Sorry guys that's the only solution they have.

Just to clarify,  it's 300+/per phantom you want to replace.  And just to re-iterate,  the care package must be done urchased for each phantom you want to cover.  You cannot split the two replacements between twin hantoms s far as i know since the Care package is tied to the serial number of a single phantom.
(19-Mar-2017, 18:14)Ryu79 Wrote:
(19-Mar-2017, 18:10)Ryu79 Wrote: I just got the devialet care package for both of my phantoms.  It's 299/each phantom and you can replace each phantom twice (after paying the 300+ deductible).   Of course any of the replacements have to occur within three years of purchase.   Not happy about it but I wanted to fix a large dent in one of my phantoms and was forced to get the extended warranty just to get a replacement,  otherwise I keep the damaged phantom or buy a new one.   Sorry guys that's the only solution they have.

Just to clarify,  it's 300+/per phantom you want to replace.  And just to re-iterate,  the care package must be done urchased for each phantom you want to cover.  You cannot split the two replacements between twin hantoms s far as i know since the Care package is tied to the serial number of a single phantom.

I was concerned it might be tied to a specific serial number. 

Ah well...if I decide to move forward with a Phantom purchase I'll just reallocate the dollars tagged for Branch stands to two DC extended warranties. I've got an old pair of Linn Sara stands lying around the garage that could be pressed into service for the Phantoms.
Just sell it eBay I am sure someone will buy it and move on. No point in waiting such a long time. I don't think it can be repaired. And if it does not make any difference to the sound quality you should use it. I know many of us obsess about material things, but guess what when we die nothing is going to go along with us. Just see it as a temporary loss many set backs one must suffer in this life. But we must learn to "let things slide" as my American friends would say. Move on my friend... but I do feel your pain.
So you can buy the care package later and get a Phantom replaced for 299 within first 3 yrs of ownership?
(21-Mar-2017, 09:36)stevec Wrote: So you can buy the care package later and get a Phantom replaced for 299 within first 3 yrs of ownership?

The DCP is supposed to be purchased within 30 days of the purchase of the phantom.  I went on literally 2 days after the 30 day limit but the local dealer I spoke to pushed it through for me because i was pissed.   If you are past the 30 days of initial purchase call devialet or the local dealer asap and tell them u accidentally damaged our phantom and want to get it repaired/fixed.  When they tell you that they can't, raise your voice and demand they sell you the DCP.
(21-Mar-2017, 14:47)Ryu79 Wrote:
(21-Mar-2017, 09:36)stevec Wrote: So you can buy the care package later and get a Phantom replaced for 299 within first 3 yrs of ownership?

The DCP is supposed to be purchased within 30 days of the purchase of the phantom.  I went on literally 2 days after the 30 day limit but the local dealer I spoke to pushed it through for me because i was pissed.   If you are past the 30 days of initial purchase call devialet or the local dealer asap and tell them u accidentally damaged our phantom and want to get it repaired/fixed.  When they tell you that they can't, raise your voice and demand they sell you the DCP.

I think you could also request they sell you the DCP in a polite and calm manner. It works wonders with human beings when you are nice to them.
(22-Mar-2017, 10:31)Rama Wrote:
(21-Mar-2017, 14:47)Ryu79 Wrote:

The DCP is supposed to be purchased within 30 days of the purchase of the phantom.  I went on literally 2 days after the 30 day limit but the local dealer I spoke to pushed it through for me because i was pissed.   If you are past the 30 days of initial purchase call devialet or the local dealer asap and tell them u accidentally damaged our phantom and want to get it repaired/fixed.  When they tell you that they can't, raise your voice and demand they sell you the DCPp

I think you could also request they sell you the DCP in a polite and calm manner. It works wonders with human beings when you are nice to them.

guess you missed the part when I said:

"When they tell you that they can't, raise your voice and demand they sell you the DCP"

and I think you're in the wrong thread if you're asking someone who just just paid 10k on a system to be polite and calm to the person who just sold it to me and refuses to provide any kind of customer service except demand more money before anything is even considered.
Something similar happened to me so. Only was first told that repair was not possible. And after waiting 16 months (Devialet would build a factory that could fix it) was informed that repair entirely impossible.
Recently, I was approached by Devialet about this case, they came with a special offer. I can exchange the damaged phantom for a new one with a surcharge of 850 euros. When I told them that I had bought a new one now and exchange, so no option is because I have 3 phantoms, I was told that they could not do anything for me. I Had previously made this offer (before I bought a new phantom to replace the damaged) I could have considered this offer. Now, this makes no sense.
Thre is another way to look at the official Devialet reply. I understand if they can't fix a subwoofer that is sealed under 1.2 tons of pressure but are they also really saying that if there is a problem electronically or with the mid or tweeter, this can't be repaired as well? That would be an incredibly foolish position to take as a company and probably illegal as I think someone said earlier. Can someone clarify if Devialet actually clarified this in any of their communications?