Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repair phantom
I am curious if Devialet  provides a repair service for Phantom. Today customer service seems to mention that there is no possibility to repair. 
Do i have to put a defect phantom in the trash? 
Is this according to EU rules to minimize electronic waste? 
I am more than shocked about a high end company without any service!
Looks like it is:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4045
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I guess even a broken Phantom can be used for spare parts to repair another broken Phantom.
(23-Feb-2017, 10:37)daibaron Wrote: I guess even a broken Phantom can be used for spare parts to repair another broken Phantom.

Nope. Before I purchased I asked Devialet about the Phantom's serviceability. Their response was that the Phantom's cabinet is sealed with more than a tonne of pressure. It cannot be separated without damaging the unit. As a result, no repair is possible.