Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connectivity Issues
Hi, all,

Have owned 3 Phantom Silvers for about a year, and apart from the occasional need to reset the system, haven't experienced any issues. However, recently, I'm having the problems described below. Can anyone help me troubleshoot? Please & thank you.

When I use the Spark app to erase and reset the settings, the 3 Phantom units are discovered and I assign the channels. Once setup is complete and I try to play music directly  with Spotify, steady sound only comes out of the Right unit, the Mix unit flutters/drops out, and the Left unit is silent. If I reset the settings and assign Right/Mix/Left to different units, the same still occurs; the Right plays, Mix flutters, and Left is silent. 

If I use Bluetooth, audio only plays through a single unit.

Hardware:

- Router (purchased by me, not provided by ISP)
- Apple Airport Extreme (connected to router)
- Apple Airport Express (connected to Extreme with cable; connected to Devialet Dialog with optical for Airplay support)
- Devialet Dialog (connected to Extreme

- Devialet Phantom Silver (Right)
- Devialet Phantom Silver (Mix)
- Devialet Phantom Silver (Left)

Networks
- Airport Extreme (primary network, dedicated for Devialet)
- Airport Express (secondary network, used for email, internet, etc)

The Phantom units are distributed around my living room and the network hardware is an adjacent media closet. I’ve downloaded iStumble and measured the signal strength throughout the house and the signal is strong. 

Lastly, I’ve also downloaded the Air app to my Macbook Pro and although the icon appears on the desktop, nothing happens when I double-click it.
How are the Phantoms connected to the Dialog? I've had a similar problem when the speakers are connected through WiFi, not PLC.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
They're connected through Wifi. I could connect one of the units to the Dialog with PLC by drilling through a wall
For an initial and clean setup in your configuration it is recommended that you connect all Phantoms and Dialog to the AP extreme by LAN cables. For this you can move all devices temporary into the same room. Setup will work much smoother and more reliable and dedication of Phantoms to Stereo channels should be correct. After successful setup you remove the cables and move the devices to their final positions. During a new power up they will connect via WiFi, in case no LAN is available and PLC is not good enough/separated due to different circuit breakers. If not too complicated for you in regards to installation - I would even recommend to run them cabled over LAN.
4 x Gold Phantom via LAN, 2 x Silver Phantom via LAN, Dialog, Remote, Tidal HiFi (Masters/MQA), Bluesound node II (TOS-link to Dialog, MQA), Roon (Mac)
(22-Feb-2017, 15:57)Taucher669 Wrote: For an initial and clean setup in your configuration it is recommended that you connect all Phantoms and Dialog to the AP extreme by LAN cables. For this you can move all devices temporary into the same room. Setup will work much smoother and more reliable and dedication of Phantoms to Stereo channels should be correct. After successful setup you remove the cables and move the devices to their final positions. During a new power up they will connect via WiFi, in case no LAN is available and PLC is not good enough/separated due to different circuit breakers. If not too complicated for you in regards to installation - I would even recommend to run them cabled over LAN.

Thanks, I will give this a try! If anyone else has additional ideas, please post : )