Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bristol February 2017
Devialet are exhibiting at the Bristol Show this weekend.

I am told that their own room will be based on Phantom Golds. 

In addition, Expert will be used by Melco, Kudos and Spendor.
Antipodes DX/MacBook Pro/Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier Nos. 54A&B/Magico Q1 pair/Wilson Benesch Torus

Stax SR009/Cavalli Liquid Lightning/Shunyata cables/Shunyata power units

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair

England
Well I went to the show - albeit only because I had another reason to be in Bristol.

It was barely worth the visit as most rooms were too small, poorly soundproofed, played unknown music at inappropriate levels and with constant in and out traffic.

Just a few exceptions including AudioNote - which has a group of serious supporters - and Spendor (using a 440 Pro) and Harbeth.

In the event Kudos did not use an Expert and the Melco room did not appear to have one either.

The Devialet room was ok, with effort made in terms of visual and aural presentation.

Having said that the show was busy so maybe my expectation of shows does not align with what the majority are happy to accept.
Antipodes DX/MacBook Pro/Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier Nos. 54A&B/Magico Q1 pair/Wilson Benesch Torus

England
It must have been pretty exciting to get a hands on look at the prototype streamerboard though, and a chance to fill in one of the first Devialet 'what I want' customer surveys ?

Roon lifetime > Mac mini (Core) > Allo DigiOne > BNC ( >AES via Neutrik) > Devialet 250 Pro > PMC fact.8
 >>> Here’s waiting for October (or November, or December.... ). <<<
 >>> Now I’m just wondering if the Core Infinity and supporting software will ever work flawlessly. 2018 sometime...?! <<<
- London, UK -

I have just taken a quick look at the exhibitors list for the 2018 Bristol Sound and Vision show, Devialet are not listed.  This surprises me a little, Devialet have been a regular at the show for a number of years, although this did appear to be some kind of relationship between a specific hifi dealer, with Spendor speakers always being used with the Expert demonstrations.  Phantoms have also been demonstrated over the last couple of years.  This year however, nothing.......

Of course, the show is still a few weeks away and the exhibitors list is not final, so things may change.

http://www.bristolshow.co.uk/
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - microRendu - Mutec MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
It is a pity that they won't have a presence though attempts to do good demonstrations at shows are generally failures. Munich is fun but rather like a sweet shop - a novelty that you tire of. (Apart from the high end spin off show at the Marriott which is excellent.) The HFN Windsor show was hopeless last year, with only Absolute Sounds making a big effort on sound, personnel and customer liaison. Bristol is pretty chaotic with poor rooms and hopeless soundproofing. HiFi Wigwam seems to be moving from Scalford populated by enthusiast systems to somewhere and something different. No Devialet at any of these now.

So, if you want to hear good demonstrations in a good room, just find one of the few decent dealers (in the UK) - and treat shows as a nice place to gather with friends but not much more.

England