Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Core Infinity board
I suppose it's a bit more frustrating for O d'A owners though.  At this rate we might be getting the upgrade in time for Xmas.

The simplest amount of communication would resolve things here, but as usual Devialet are great at the really tricky stuck (like building amazing tech) but not so good at the easy bits.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Quote:Dear friends, 

Thank you so much for taking time to write, send your messages and petition. As you can imagine, it is not pleasant to read but I can certainly hear your frustration as well as a desire for a better communication with you.  

Our goal is to make each and everyone of you happy. You are incredibly important to us. Without your support, we wouldn’t have been able to constantly improve our products and create the Expert line and Phantom.  We owe it to you and we know it. 
Rest assured that Expert is a main focus for us. This is where all our revolutionary technologies come from. This is where we come from. And this is also our future. 
Part of it is Devialet Air, which we agree is a key technology. As you know, quite a sophisticated one. But I know you expect the best from us, and you should. 

Over the past few months, our engineers have been working long hours on building AIR3, for both Mac and Windows. Even though we haven’t been communicating about it, a lot of issues you are mentioning have been solved in the upcoming beta release, including but not only: 
* Realtime audio playback graphical analysis tools development (Mac / Win) 
* Audio format management code rework (Mac / Win) 
* Streaming algorithm bug fixes and multi platform adaptative tunings (Mac / Win)
* Hog mode / exclusive mode support (Mac) 
* Kernel driver bug fixes for ROON support (Mac) 
* Virtual audio device hot plug & unplug enhancement (Mac) 
* Kernel driver audio data buffering model code rework (Mac / Win) 
* Direct mode development : straightforward and bit perfect audio data transfer from kernel to user space (Mac / Win) 
* Installer rework (Win) 
* Mobile remote application optimisation and bug fixes (iOS & Android) (in progress)

So now AIR3Beta is coming. This is how I propose we work together: 

• Wednesday, July 27th, we will open a “Devialet AIR3 beta program” which you will be free to join. AIR3beta is now at an advanced stage (I personally use it at home, and feel a big improvement). But it is still Beta software, and every setup / wireless environment is unique. We would appreciate if you could help us get better by testing and providing us your valuable feedback. We will post the link to the beta program here early next week. Feel free to share. 
• We will create and manage an online page where you will find all the latest about our work on Expert. And also where you can share your experience with other Expert owners. Sharing is caring.  

As a general matter, I will make sure our teams get better at understanding your needs and communicating on a regular basis with you. Bringing you audiophile happiness is the reason we are all going to work with a big smile on our face every morning.  

Quentin Sannié, CEO, 

and all your friends at Devialet

Fail! Bad management, simple as that.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
You are being very mild in your criticism Antoine.

"Our goal is to make each and everyone of you happy. You are incredibly important to us. Without your support, we wouldn’t have been able to constantly improve our products and create the Expert line and Phantom. We owe it to you and we know it.
Rest assured that Expert is a main focus for us. This is where all our revolutionary technologies come from. This is where we come from. And this is also our future.
Part of it is Devialet Air, which we agree is a key technology. As you know, quite a sophisticated one. But I know you expect the best from us, and you should.

We will create and manage an online page where you will find all the latest about our work on Expert. And also where you can share your experience with other Expert owners. Sharing is caring.

As a general matter, I will make sure our teams get better at understanding your needs and communicating on a regular basis with you. Bringing you audiophile happiness is the reason we are all going to work with a big smile on our face every morning."

1. Expert is a main focus
2. (Expert) is our future
3. We will create and manage an online page where you will find all the latest about our work on Expert
4. We will make sure our teams get better at communicating on a regular basis.

Well I think those score 0/10, 0/10, 0/10 and 0/10.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
I was told by my dealer that the new board would be dealer installable with dealer prerogative as to whether it could be customer installable. Now, it is equally likely that dealers know nothing more than we do. It may also be true that Devialet hasn't even committed to a final design yet. Given all the very cool technologies that are emerging in the music streaming arena, I would think Devialet has to be careful not to release something that is already way behind the technology curve.

But then again, we're all just second guessing...
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I have adopted a "wait and see" attitude when it comes to Devialet announcements.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
I would question whether they even have the Engineer capable of designing the new board as yet. It would seem that the new board is going to be somewhat more sophisticated than the old one, although I was also told at 220 upgrade, that it would be dealer fit, with the possibility to be user fitted, important for me where I live now.

Devialet have announced this new board, so the complete lack of information on any design development is worrying, it would be good to know what their aims are here as for many of us, it has direct influence on our set-ups. Will it be 'computerised' and able to take new features on board using OTA updates, or will it simply be a better AIR implementation with UPNP thrown in? The latter would leave me stone cold and disinterested, and was considered at point of upgrade. The former keeps up the hope that one day, maybe, it will be Roon capable.

Even the CEO's promises have failed to deliver, what they have managed so far on their 'dedicated' forum is next to useless.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(24-Feb-2017, 05:58)AllenB Wrote: I would question whether they even have the Engineer capable of designing the new board as yet. It would seem that the new board is going to be somewhat more sophisticated than the old one, although I was also told at 220 upgrade, that it would be dealer fit, with the possibility to be user fitted, important for me where I live now.

Devialet have announced this new board, so the complete lack of information on any design development is worrying, it would be good to know what their aims are here as for many of us, it has direct influence on our set-ups. Will it be 'computerised' and able to take new features on board using OTA updates, or will it simply be a better AIR implementation with UPNP thrown in? The latter would leave me stone cold and disinterested, and was considered at point of upgrade. The former keeps up the hope that one day, maybe, it will be Roon capable.

Even the CEO's promises have failed to deliver, what they have managed so far on their 'dedicated' forum is next to useless.

I know in my business, as a consultant (structural engineering), that it was a hard lesson I had to learn... never BS your client.  If you are late, still in design development, or simply can't meet the deadline...don't bullshit...just tell the truth.  
We all have schedules and timelines to keep so these vague and contradictory projections are simply disrespectful.  We are owed a more thoughful response.
Perhaps this is a gaulic temperment. saying one thing but not truly expecting it to be believed nor caring if it is.  Dunno.
(23-Feb-2017, 19:08)Antoine Wrote:
Quote:Dear friends, 

Thank you so much for taking time to write, send your messages and petition. As you can imagine, it is not pleasant to read but I can certainly hear your frustration as well as a desire for a better communication with you.  

Our goal is to make each and everyone of you happy. You are incredibly important to us. Without your support, we wouldn’t have been able to constantly improve our products and create the Expert line and Phantom.  We owe it to you and we know it. 

Over the past few months, our engineers have been working long hours on building AIR3, for both Mac and Windows. Even though we haven’t been communicating about it, a lot of issues you are mentioning have been solved in the upcoming beta release, including but not only: 
* Realtime audio playback graphical analysis tools development (Mac / Win) 
* Audio format management code rework (Mac / Win) 
* Streaming algorithm bug fixes and multi platform adaptative tunings (Mac / Win)
* Hog mode / exclusive mode support (Mac) 
* Kernel driver bug fixes for ROON support (Mac) 
* Virtual audio device hot plug & unplug enhancement (Mac) 
* Kernel driver audio data buffering model code rework (Mac / Win) 
* Direct mode development : straightforward and bit perfect audio data transfer from kernel to user space (Mac / Win) 
* Installer rework (Win) 
* Mobile remote application optimisation and bug fixes (iOS & Android) (in progress)

So now AIR3Beta is coming. This is how I propose we work together: 

• Wednesday, July 27th, we will open a “Devialet AIR3 beta program” which you will be free to join. AIR3beta is now at an advanced stage (I personally use it at home, and feel a big improvement). But it is still Beta software, and every setup / wireless environment is unique. We would appreciate if you could help us get better by testing and providing us your valuable feedback. We will post the link to the beta program here early next week. Feel free to share. 
• We will create and manage an online page where you will find all the latest about our work on Expert. And also where you can share your experience with other Expert owners. Sharing is caring.  

As a general matter, I will make sure our teams get better at understanding your needs and communicating on a regular basis with you. Bringing you audiophile happiness is the reason we are all going to work with a big smile on our face every morning.  

Quentin Sannié, CEO, 

and all your friends at Devialet

Fail! Bad management, simple as that.

It was, strictly speaking, a promise made by 'Quentin Sannie, CEO and all your friends at Devialet'. Where are they now?
Empty promises as always! It was just a strategic move to keep the target group interested and to make sure, they will go for the upgrade instead of turning back.
Taking the balance of posts here, it is clear that people are unhappy about the lack of communication from Devialet with respect to the streamer board. In addition, the general view is that Quentin Sannie has not kept his promises made following the AIR petition.

It is all good fun posting here. I, like many others, enjoy the opportunity that this forum offers to have a good moan at Devialet.

However, here is a suggestion. There is some evidence that Devialet read this forum. We have no idea how often, who is checking in, and if they take anything written here seriously. We just don't know. One thing we know for certain is that Devialet do not participate in this forum. In terms of Quentin Sannie not keeping his promises, one thing he has done is set up the 'Love is in the AIR' section of Devialet's website. This is set up specifically to deal with the AIR, but the forum is there, and Devialet (or Sebastian at least) do participate in it. So my suggestion is people should use Devialet's forum far more than they do. OK, I know Devialet's forum is a bit rubbish, but it is the only one that they offer. My thinking is that if it gets used far more extensively than it is now, maybe with lots of questions regarding the streamer board, then maybe, just maybe, Devialet will take note. If they don't offer a forum for the streamer board, then just use the forum they do offer. What's the worst thing that could happen? They could close the 'Love is in the AIR' forum, but that would of course only serve to Quentin Sannie look even worse than he does now.

Please be clear that I am not proposing some kind of mass trolling of the 'Love is in the AIR' forum. This might seam quite tempting, but I think it would ultimately prove be counterproductive. However, sensible questions, requests for updates on progress, why not? Many of us have paid for the streamer board, so the odd response to a query or two, the occasional update, not too much to ask is it?

Why not?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12