Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Core Infinity board
(24-Feb-2017, 12:39)Nightmare Wrote: Empty promises as always! It was just a strategic move to keep the target group interested and to make sure, they will go for the upgrade instead of turning back.

+1 Nightmare : it was part of the incentive for sure.
Bruno

Auralic Aries g2.1 / Chord Qutest / CLEARAUDIO Blackmotion - cartridge Clearaudio Virtuoso V2 mm/  /Gryphon Diablo 300 / Blue jeans cable / Apertura Edena Evolution
Devialet/Sebastion have not participated in their own Love is in the Air forum for quite some time.

I don't think that's the place for frustration or questions. It's obscure and hidden from everyone but a hand full of persons that struggle with Air.

Facebook & Twitter are the appropriate places to voice your concerns with Devialet as it become public record and can have an affect their bottom line.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(24-Feb-2017, 13:39)Confused Wrote: Taking the balance of posts here, it is clear that people are unhappy about the lack of communication from Devialet with respect to the streamer board.  In addition, the general view is that Quentin Sannie has not kept his promises made following the AIR petition.  

It is all good fun posting here.  I, like many others, enjoy the opportunity that this forum offers to have a good moan at Devialet.

However, here is a suggestion.  There is some evidence that Devialet read this forum.  We have no idea how often, who is checking in, and if they take anything written here seriously.  We just don't know.  One thing we know for certain is that Devialet do not participate in this forum.  In terms of Quentin Sannie not keeping his promises, one thing he has done is set up the 'Love is in the AIR' section of Devialet's website.  This is set up specifically to deal with the AIR, but the forum is there, and Devialet (or Sebastian at least) do participate in it.  So my suggestion is people should use Devialet's forum far more than they do.  OK, I know Devialet's forum is a bit rubbish, but it is the only one that they offer.  My thinking is that if it gets used far more extensively than it is now, maybe with lots of questions regarding the streamer board, then maybe, just maybe, Devialet will take note.  If they don't offer a forum for the streamer board, then just use the forum they do offer.  What's the worst thing that could happen?  They could close the 'Love is in the AIR' forum, but that would of course only serve to Quentin Sannie look even worse than he does now.

Please be clear that I am not proposing some kind of mass trolling of the 'Love is in the AIR' forum.  This might seam quite tempting, but I think it would ultimately prove be counterproductive.  However, sensible questions, requests for updates on progress, why not?  Many of us have paid for the streamer board, so the odd response to a query or two, the occasional update, not too much to ask is it?

Why not?

Or have we? According to the blurb on Devialet's website, the board is offered free of charge to those who have upgraded their amps before 31st December 2016. Maybe this gives Devialet an excuse to drag their heels? Are they thinking "We're giving them the board for nothing and because they haven't paid for it, we can call the shots and take as much time as we like."
 Sorry to sound cynical, but after the way some people on the forum have been treated, this is the way I've been forced to think.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Axel, strictly speaking, I have to admit that you are correct.

Although there are different types of 'free'. A bit like a 'buy one get one free' offer at your local supermarket, you can't go in and help yourself to the free one, you need to buy the other one too!

To be honest, I think this subtlety is actually irrelevant with Devialet. Thinking back, there were people who bought a Dialog for use with the Expert. Even with a number of customers having purchased the things, Devialet never officially advised that the promised USB implementation for Expert had been dropped. So expect delays and zero communication, irrespective of the exact legal status.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I've adopted a 'listen to the music and stop fussing with things' approach. The Pro upgrade was remarkable and worth the cost (in a first-world sort of way) and when the streamer board arrives, I'll see what it does. We all will, I guess.

Drink more beer, crank up the ZZ Top, play air guitar in your strap-on beard and underwear. You know, do the fun stuff. Now I'm off to apologize to the neighbours for the drunken late-night Texas rock extravaganza.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
I am too old dog to get cheated with nice smelling sausage.

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...3#pid45453
(24-Feb-2017, 14:41)Dr Tone Wrote: Devialet/Sebastion have not participated in their own Love is in the Air forum for quite some time.

I don't think that's the place for frustration or questions.  It's obscure and hidden from everyone but a hand full of persons that struggle with Air.

Facebook & Twitter are the appropriate places to voice your concerns with Devialet as it become public record and can have an affect their bottom line.

You are of course absolutely correct in terms of what the 'Love is in the AIR' forum is like at the moment.  Sebastian appears to be checking in abut once every six weeks or something woeful like that, and the posts are typically very specific AIR issues.

However, that is missing the point of my suggestion.  The Love is in the AIR forum is the only thing Devialet offer, that's it, there is nothing else.  My thinking is that if a few people started filling it up with lots of streamer board queries then it might just force Devialet to take some action.  At the very least when Sebastian next checks in (in March or something!) he would at least notice something is going on.  It may ultimately prove to be pointless, but worth a try I would have thought.  All it needs is for those who post on here occasionally to stick one post on Devialet's forum, it should soon build up to something noticeable.

To be honest, if I was a Phantom owner (or prospective buyer) I'd be tempted to post something about the fact that it would appear that Phantoms are unrepairable after suffering minor damage.  Off topic I know, bit it is kind of the same thing, with Devialet ignoring what appears to me to be a pretty significant issue.  At least the 'Expert' owners have the Love is in the AIR forum, the Phantom guys have absolutely nothing in this regard.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I'm a little worried that if you push Devialet too hard they will feel forced to bring out the streamer board early and we'll end up with a half done job. I'd rather see them take their time and blow us away with a great product.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Yes devialet must take the time , better With a great product than a not soo good , and devialet say 2017 .
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
(25-Feb-2017, 11:04)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I'm a little worried that if you push Devialet too hard they will feel forced to bring out the streamer board early and we'll end up with a half done job. I'd rather see them take their time and blow us away with a great product.

I'd rather get my OdA upgraded. Sorry.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK