Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Core Infinity board
(25-Feb-2017, 11:04)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I'm a little worried that if you push Devialet too hard they will feel forced to bring out the streamer board early and we'll end up with a half done job. I'd rather see them take their time and blow us away with a great product.

Actually, I agree completely.  Although there is perhaps an argument for O'dA owners that the real prize will be the Pro upgrade, rather than anything the streamer board offers.  Although having to 'make do' with an O'dA for seven or eight months is hardly the greatest hardship, when all things considered.

To be honest, I am the person who should be least bothered about any of this.  I am delighted with my Pro, and more than happy with my mR/Mutec front end.  I just find Devialet's 'wall of silence' approach annoying, especially after Quentin Sanne's promises.  Quite frankly, I think he said just enough to shut up the AIR petition and I don't honestly believe he had any intension whatsoever in starting a forum to discuss progress with the Expert or streamer board.  This I find annoying! Angry  If I was less polite I'd accuse him of being a blatant liar, but I'm too nice for that.  So it's honest communication that I think is needed, rather than any attempt to 'speed things up'.  For me I'd be delighted if they announced the streamer board was delayed to allow proper development, and therefore they would be updating the Od'A's in the spring.  Fat chance of them announcing anything though!   Meanwhile, I'm listening to a bit of Hawkwind this morning which is cheering me up no end.  Perhaps I need a little bit of what they're on to chill me out! Confused
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(25-Feb-2017, 11:22)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(25-Feb-2017, 11:04)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I'm a little worried that if you push Devialet too hard they will feel forced to bring out the streamer board early and we'll end up with a half done job. I'd rather see them take their time and blow us away with a great product.

I'd rather get my OdA upgraded. Sorry.

Guillaume

That's another point altogether but I understand how you feel entirely. I too would be very interested to hear what the difference in SQ the upgrade will bring. 

I have to say it baffles me how manufacturers nowadays can just go and take our money on the promise of a product that hasn't even been developed yet. I guess it's because of the internet; no longer do you have to visit a dealer or show to find out the latest. It's just a matter of seconds after a manufacturer puts out a press release that anyone anywhere can read about it. So now to be the first as a manufacturer you have to sell before you develop. What's next? Sell before you have an idea?  Huh
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(25-Feb-2017, 11:38)Confused Wrote:

Actually, I agree completely.  Although there is perhaps an argument for O'dA owners that the real prize will be the Pro upgrade, rather than anything the streamer board offers.  Although having to 'make do' with an O'dA for seven or eight months is hardly the greatest hardship, when all things considered.

To be honest, I am the person who should be least bothered about any of this.  I am delighted with my Pro, and more than happy with my mR/Mutec front end.  I just find Devialet's 'wall of silence' approach annoying, especially after Quentin Sanne's promises.  Quite frankly, I think he said just enough to shut up the AIR petition and I don't honestly believe he had any intension whatsoever in starting a forum to discuss progress with the Expert or streamer board.  This I find annoying! Angry  If I was less polite I'd accuse him of being a blatant liar, but I'm too nice for that.  So it's honest communication that I think is needed, rather than any attempt to 'speed things up'.  For me I'd be delighted if they announced the streamer board was delayed to allow proper development, and therefore they would be updating the Od'A's in the spring.  Fat chance of them announcing anything though!   Meanwhile, I'm listening to a bit of Hawkwind this morning which is cheering me up no end.  Perhaps I need a little bit of what they're on to chill me out! Confused
 That is also what I want - honest communication from Devialet.
"I'm a little worried that if you push Devialet too hard they will feel forced to bring out the streamer board early and we'll end up with a half done job. I'd rather see them take their time and blow us away with a great product."

Don't think anyone is asking that Devialet rush out a half finished product. In fact quite the opposite. A simple statement outlining progress to date and a roadmap to release...surely they have something like this is their development schedule. I find it impossible to believe they haven't mapped this out in detail.
(25-Feb-2017, 20:14)Wdw Wrote: "I'm a little worried that if you push Devialet too hard they will feel forced to bring out the streamer board early and we'll end up with a half done job. I'd rather see them take their time and blow us away with a great product."

Don't think anyone is asking that Devialet rush out a half finished product.  In fact quite the opposite.  A simple statement outlining progress to date and a roadmap to release...surely they have something like this is their development schedule.  I find it impossible to believe they haven't mapped this out in detail.

I don't find this impossible to believe , in fact that's exactly what I beleive.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(25-Feb-2017, 11:41)=Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(25-Feb-2017, 11:22)GuillaumeB Wrote:

I'd rather get my OdA upgraded. Sorry.

Guillaume

That's another point altogether but I understand how you feel entirely. I too would be very interested to hear what the difference in SQ the upgrade will bring. 

I have to say it baffles me how manufacturers nowadays can just go and take our money on the promise of a product that hasn't even been developed yet. I guess it's because of the internet; no longer do you have to visit a dealer or show to find out the latest. It's just a matter of seconds after a manufacturer puts out a press release that anyone anywhere can read about it. So now to be the first as a manufacturer you have to sell before you develop. What's next? Sell before you have an idea?  Huh

May be it's time for Od'A owners to take action if it is confirmed the streaming board will not be ready as announced initially? The only official reason to delay Od'A upgrade what the incoming streaming board. I really start to feel that the way this is managed by Devialet is more and more unacceptable.
F
Original d'Atelier No 91 Upgraded CI- Aurender N10- Chord Dave DAC-Chord Mscaler-B&W 800 D3- Isotek EVO3 Mosaic Genesis- Nordost Valhalla 2 power cable- Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker cables- Nordost QB4 and Qx4- Cabledyne RCA-XLR- Transparent Ref XL AES/EBU- Synergistic Atmosphere AC Power Cords- Light Harmonic LS USB- Mutec MC3+USB- Audioquest Diamond ethernet- Étalon ethernet isolator
(25-Feb-2017, 20:22)Womaz Wrote:
(25-Feb-2017, 20:14)Wdw Wrote: "I'm a little worried that if you push Devialet too hard they will feel forced to bring out the streamer board early and we'll end up with a half done job. I'd rather see them take their time and blow us away with a great product."

Don't think anyone is asking that Devialet rush out a half finished product.  In fact quite the opposite.  A simple statement outlining progress to date and a roadmap to release...surely they have something like this is their development schedule.  I find it impossible to believe they haven't mapped this out in detail.

I don't find this impossible to believe , in fact that's exactly what I beleive.

No way they can produce products as significant and detailed a product as the Expert series without a seriously well-defined road map.  We are merely asking for an update more substantial than the varying and contradictory replies from Devialet support.  Was told by Support it will likely appear after the first quarter 2017 but see others have been told of dates ranging from summer to year's end. Bears repeating that we've paid for this product so are owed a considered reply.
oh man, what a long road to realize that I might have jumped into the wrong ship.
Does this mean that my trade from Naim to Devialet is an unwise decision ? I mean, Uniti Nova is coming...
Mac Mini ----> Audioquest Diamond USB ---> Devialet Expert 250 ---> AudioQuest Meteor ---> Focal Scala Utopia
(26-Feb-2017, 07:00)Emerald Wrote: oh man, what a long road to realize that I might have jumped into the wrong ship.
Does this mean that my trade from Naim to Devialet is an unwise decision ? I mean, Uniti Nova is coming...

You've made a good choice. Naim are not exactly known for their flawless (or timely) product releases these days.

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
(26-Feb-2017, 03:30)Wdw Wrote:
(25-Feb-2017, 20:22)Womaz Wrote:

No way they can produce products as significant and detailed a product as the Expert series without a seriously well-defined road map.  We are merely asking for an update more substantial than the varying and contradictory replies from Devialet support.  Was told by Support it will likely appear after the first quarter 2017 but see others have been told of dates ranging from summer to year's end.  Bears repeating that we've paid for this product so are owed a considered reply.

Surely the share holders want to see a road map to know where their money goes.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.