Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mac to devialet via ethernet (frustrated)
need help guys, i am so frustrated

I followed all the instructions from previous threads but i still can't use AIR via ethernet.

I configured my D200 with a static IP (192.168.2.199)
Then I configured my mac with a static IP of 192.168.2.200

Then I installed AIR 3.0.

My mac and the d200 are obviously connected. As I turn my remote knob, the AIR app on my mac would show the same thing.

but when I ping the d200, i get no signal.

When I play via itune, I also get no sound.

I have selected AIR as my sound output.

Very frustrated.  Am I missing something?

thanks
Hello Burgundy,
I live in Burgundy. Do you ? Or is it because you like the wine ?
Sorry for your direct ethernet connection problems. Have you read this :http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/direct-ethernet-mac-devialet-ip-settings-19456/

Sebastien
Tweaked Mac Mini + Audirvana - Bridge ethernet - Metrum Ambre with RopieeXL - Coax - D120 - Mulidine Cadence
Cables : TWL Digital American - Coax cable : l'atelier acoustik - Ethernet : Monoprice cat5 UTP - Speakers : Duelund 16 awg
(25-Feb-2017, 18:45)Baldoun Wrote: Hello Burgundy,
I live in Burgundy. Do you ? Or is it because you like the wine ?
Sorry for your direct ethernet connection problems. Have you read this :http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/direct-ethernet-mac-devialet-ip-settings-19456/

Sebastien

thanks for the link.  I spent half a day working on this and finally i got it to work. It was worth the effort.  Sound via AIR is noticeably better than USB.  More live-like, better timbre, more organic.....

I don't live in Burgundy.  I just like their wine and am using speakers made there...
Since you are in burgundy, can you send me a few bottles of la tache?  Many thanks
Glad it works finally.
How many bottles of La Tache do you want ? 12-24-36 ? which year ? 1947 ? Wink
Tweaked Mac Mini + Audirvana - Bridge ethernet - Metrum Ambre with RopieeXL - Coax - D120 - Mulidine Cadence
Cables : TWL Digital American - Coax cable : l'atelier acoustik - Ethernet : Monoprice cat5 UTP - Speakers : Duelund 16 awg
A trip down memory lane, I first posted that information here, and then added it to CA as well. Glad it was able to help someone out.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(27-Feb-2017, 03:37)baddog Wrote: A trip down memory lane, I first posted that information here, and then added it to CA as well. Glad it was able to help someone out.

thanks baddog, that thread was really helpful.  How do you find the sound of devialet AIR compared to USB?

Sebastian, send me as many as you got.....There is nothing better than a glass of burgundy while listening to my new sopra 2 and devialet...you french people know the pleasures of life
(28-Feb-2017, 01:39)burgundy Wrote:
(27-Feb-2017, 03:37)baddog Wrote: A trip down memory lane, I first posted that information here, and then added it to CA as well. Glad it was able to help someone out.

thanks baddog, that thread was really helpful.  How do you find the sound of devialet AIR compared to USB?

I prefer the sound of AIR compared to USB. Previously, FWIW, I had a microRendu, and found the sounds quality of that comparable to AIR, so I sold the microRendu. So to me, AIR is a perfect solution, and I am very pleased with the sound quality. Other's preferences do vary on this forum.

I also like having streamlined system, with as few boxes, cables, and things to configure, such it is easy to turn on and enjoy the music.

Over the past six months or so, AIR has worked flawlessly either on my Mac Mini or on my Windows 10 NUC, usually used in congestion with Roon. But I can also, if I wish stream from my MacBook using AIR and the Tidal client.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US