Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eme's System
Lightbulb 
Hi there,

This is my entry-level setup. I develop by time, with knowledge, and I do after I find an improvement. 

Speakers:
- Kef Ls50
- Focal Aria 936
- Atohm GT1 SE
- Focal Scala Utopia III (current speaker)

Streaming: 
- Streaming software: Audirvana Plus packed with Flac & DsD files (direct bits with no up-sampling)
- Streaming subscriptions: Qobuz Hifi (Sublime+ pending) & Tidal HiFi (Exclusive mode)
- Streaming device: 2014 Mac Mini 1TB 8GB RAM
- Streaming network: Apple Airport Extreme
- Ethernet cable: Audioquest Cinnamon 
- Music storage: LaCie Porsche Design 5TB

Amp:
- Naim UnitiQute 2
- Devialet Expert 120
- Devialet Expert 250

Power:
- Isotek Performance Series - EVO3 Aquarius (2 high current + 4 conditioned ports)
- Isotek EVO3 Premier PC
- Burmester Silver PC

Setup: 

Mac Mini ----> 
Audioquest JitterBug ---> 
Audioquest Diamond USB ---> 
Devialet Expert 250 (Burmester Power Cord) ---> 
AudioQuest Flat Rock Meteor 3m (bananas-spades) ---> 
Focal Scala Utopia

Isotek Aquarius (Isotek Premier Power Cord) is powering the following: 
- Devialet Expert 250 (on high current port)
- Apple Airport Extreme (on conditioned port)
- LaCie Porsche Design 5TB (on conditioned port)

Cheers.
Mac Mini ----> Audioquest Diamond USB ---> Devialet Expert 250 ---> AudioQuest Meteor ---> Focal Scala Utopia
Hi Emerald, welcome to Devialet Chat

Have you experimented with SAM for your Ls50's ?
https://en.devialet.com/sam-ready-speake...f/kef-ls50
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
Hi Emerald,

The presence of 'unwanted bass extension' seems a bit confusing. One thing the UQ lacks is bass extension, detail and bass tone. Is is possible that you are simply hearing bass that the UQ simply could not produce? I don't know the LS50 well at all, but every report from owners is that they are excellent with the Expert series. HK630 uses them with the D200 and in a very small room so he may have some good advice.

As I made the same move from Naim, using ProAc Tabletes at the time, I think that there must be something else in the system that is causing a problem; but I know there is no way the UQ is equal to the Devialet in bass reproduction.

Speaker position? Room reflections? Some other setting in software? Maybe even the Naim speaker cable?
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Hi Emerald, since you are capable of hooking USB to your Devialet, I'd assume you should be able to connect your Devialet via Ethernet to your router. Try Ethernet-AIR. I would personally preferred AIR over USB, anytime of the day.

My experience with SAM on my KEF LS50 was fantastic. Bass is well extended, firm and solid. I hope you are using SAM on your LS50.

If possible, give some space around your LS50 and you'll surely find them a very capable speakers.

P.S. I'm now no longer owning a Devialet or the LS50. I sold them as I've moved from Shanghai to Malaysia. Just got the keys to my new home last month and now in the process of renovating it. In the meantime, using a KEF LS50 Wireless with Roon and Sonos ZP80 as my music sources.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(27-Feb-2017, 03:36)hk6230 Wrote: Hi Emerald, since you are capable of hooking USB to your Devialet, I'd assume you should be able to connect your Devialet via Ethernet to your router. Try Ethernet-AIR. I would personally preferred AIR over USB, anytime of the day.

My experience with SAM on my KEF LS50 was fantastic. Bass is well extended, firm and solid. I hope you are using SAM on your LS50.

If possible, give some space around your LS50 and you'll surely find them a very capable speakers.

P.S. I'm now no longer owning a Devialet or the LS50. I sold them as I've moved from Shanghai to Malaysia. Just got the keys to my new home last month and now in the process of renovating it. In the meantime, using a KEF LS50 Wireless with Roon and Sonos ZP80 as my music sources.

Sounds exciting. What bought the change of location?

How's the LS50 wireless? Any Devialet withdrawal or have you moved on now....?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(27-Feb-2017, 14:56)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(27-Feb-2017, 03:36)hk6230 Wrote: Hi Emerald, since you are capable of hooking USB to your Devialet, I'd assume you should be able to connect your Devialet via Ethernet to your router. Try Ethernet-AIR. I would personally preferred AIR over USB, anytime of the day.

Sounds exciting. What bought the change of location?

How's the LS50 wireless? Any Devialet withdrawal or have you moved on now....?

I have decided about one and a half year ago to bring my daughter out of the polluted Shanghai city to a greener city in Malaysia and for a more relaxed and holistic education. In between, there were lots of back and forth traveling between the two countries. Some hiccups along the way (even with lots of pre-planning) especially late delivery of our new home. But, we are settling down. To be honest, uncertainties and unpredictability make the whole process more fun.

KEF LS50 Wireless is great! A great performer with its dual mono, bi-amp and 24/192-DAC built-in system. Lots of details, wider soundstage, cool DSP for desk/stand and room size settings. I like them more than my Le200 + LS50 before. And, one more lesser piece of equipment, namely the amplifier. The item miss most is AIR, but I can live with it, being able to enjoy my music with less $$$. Big Grin I won't say I will not be back into Devialet bandwagon, but most likely be at least another year or more. BTW, Devialet is more expensive than in China.

Sorry, Emerald for hijacking your thread.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Wow, sounds great - a nice adventure too. Lucky daughter. Smile
Glad the wireless ls50s have worked out. I think that's where I'd look if I 'downgraded' my system (am thinking about it).
Hopefully you'll stick around here....
Yes, sorry Emerald, but having your system thread hijacked is a right of passage,....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

After upgrading from Nac A5 (speaker cable) and stock power cord to Audioquest Meteor and Burmester silver. I felt that my music came to life. So much transparency I missed before. I don't know what should I do next.

Upgrade Aria's to Sopra N1 or upgrade 120 to 220 Pro.
Mac Mini ----> Audioquest Diamond USB ---> Devialet Expert 250 ---> AudioQuest Meteor ---> Focal Scala Utopia
(06-Apr-2017, 05:10)Emerald Wrote: After upgrading from Nac A5 (speaker cable) and stock power cord to Audioquest Meteor and Burmester silver. I felt that my music came to life. So much transparency I missed before. I don't know what should I do next.

Upgrade Aria's to Sopra N1 or upgrade 120 to 220 Pro.
I would go for the Sopra N1. D120 is a very good amp and will most probably will be able to handle the extra power demands of the new speakers.

Of course, at the end of the day, you know you will upgrade both of them Big Grin
Thanks everyone for your valuable feedback. I hope you are enjoying the music Smile

Setup updated with Aquarius Power Conditioner, Audioquest Diamond USB & Devialet Expert 250.