Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Firmware 1.11.0.69 available for Phantoms and Dialog
The only thing I want to know:

Have they fixed the optical input on Dialog so there are no more cutouts?
Nope, it still cuts out =(

After I temporary moved back to PLC from Ethernet it's way worse than before too...
I have an issue with Qobuz not working properly through Spark since installation of new firmware: takes ages to upload music lists if it uploads at all... Qobuz working properly through the iPhone app so it is not my system or Qobuz failing. Anybody else facing the same issue?
(03-Mar-2017, 22:09)Meyersol Wrote: I have an issue with Qobuz not working properly through Spark since installation of new firmware: takes ages to upload music lists if it uploads at all... Qobuz working properly through the iPhone app so it is not my system or Qobuz failing. Anybody else facing the same issue?

Sorry, but I can only report that both the IOS and Android apps function as previously on my devices.
I was required to reboot my Dialog and Phantoms, after the new firmware was installed, for an issue I don't remember. Perhaps this may resolve your issue? Good luck.
(04-Mar-2017, 00:30)alandbush Wrote:
(03-Mar-2017, 22:09)Meyersol Wrote: I have an issue with Qobuz not working properly through Spark since installation of new firmware: takes ages to upload music lists if it uploads at all... Qobuz working properly through the iPhone app so it is not my system or Qobuz failing. Anybody else facing the same issue?

Sorry, but I can only report that both the IOS and Android apps function as previously on my devices.
I was required to reboot my Dialog and Phantoms, after the new firmware was installed, for an issue I don't remember.  Perhaps this may resolve your issue?  Good luck.

Many thx alandbush, works fine after reboot.
Was prompted for download for update last night rather late. Upon acceptance it appeared to take some time for configuration, losing interest I let it go and went to sleep. This morning I was met with my Dialogue having a steady/intermittent flash. This flash is not the flashing white LED Bar when configuring/updating the Dialogue; that flash (i.e. after pushing it three times to reset) is slow and then locks to solid white again. This steady/faster flash is not stopping and appears to have a hint of red in the Flash. Result - my Dialogue is down with no apparent method to reset to factory after attempting the latest upgrade. Thus Spark won't acknowledge my Dialogue and prompts me to reset via three presses to white bar. My thought is that the latest upgrade crashed my Dialogue. My gut feeling is that it isn't going to be user fixable or something I can reset; further I have a sinking feeling that Devialet won't acknowledge my assertion that it occurred during upgrade. Thus if the input chip/circuit is bad; this is going to be an issue labeled power surge out of warranty or some other scenario in which the end result is me purchasing a new Dialogue. Anticipating that someone is going to ask me about my setup - long ago I ran flat CAT7 Cables to both Silver Phantoms, and placed a small white 8-port gigabit non-smart switch with an Airport Express (also via CAT7) via a home run and configured Double NAT with DHCP. In this room I have one of the (4) Ubiquiti WAPs that provide zero-hand off in my home via 2.4, and I use Russound hi-res freq hopping for my Conrad Johnson premium HiFi traditional setup at 3 channels around 5.2; and an Airport Extreme at 5.8 for my hi-res SSDs (1 video, 1 audio). The Devialet Phantom Airport Express Router is dedicated to 2.4 (but different channel than rest of home. Why the long explanation? I want to know if the firmware update crashed anyone else's Dialogue and as far as blaming my setup or knowledge of configuration - not too likely! I'm an IT Pro within a Crestron Smart Home (w/ Crestron Video Distribution) and a full GHz bandwidth provisioned to the DoJo Smile. - Did anyone else have anything like this happen????
(05-Mar-2017, 08:50)AdamInHiltonHead Wrote: Was prompted for download for update last night rather late.  Upon acceptance it appeared to take some time for configuration, losing interest I let it go and went to sleep.  This morning I was met with my Dialogue having a steady/intermittent flash.  This flash is not the flashing white LED Bar when configuring/updating the Dialogue; that flash (i.e. after pushing it three times to reset) is slow and then locks to solid white again.  This steady/faster flash is not stopping and appears to have a hint of red in the Flash.  Result - my Dialogue is down with no apparent method to reset to factory after attempting the latest upgrade.  Thus Spark won't acknowledge my Dialogue and prompts me to reset via three presses to white bar.  My thought is that the latest upgrade crashed my Dialogue.  My gut feeling is that it isn't going to be user fixable or something I can reset; further I have a sinking feeling that Devialet won't acknowledge my assertion that it occurred during upgrade.  Thus if the input chip/circuit is bad; this is going to be an issue labeled power surge out of warranty or some other scenario in which the end result is me purchasing a new Dialogue.  Anticipating that someone is going to ask me about my setup - long ago I ran flat CAT7 Cables to both Silver Phantoms, and placed a small white 8-port gigabit non-smart switch with an Airport Express (also via CAT7) via a home run and configured Double NAT with DHCP.  In this room I have one of the (4) Ubiquiti WAPs that provide zero-hand off in my home via 2.4, and I use Russound hi-res freq hopping for my Conrad Johnson premium HiFi traditional setup at 3 channels around 5.2; and an Airport Extreme at 5.8 for my hi-res SSDs (1 video, 1 audio).  The Devialet Phantom Airport Express Router is dedicated to 2.4 (but different channel than rest of home.  Why the long explanation?  I want to know if the firmware update crashed anyone else's Dialogue and as far as blaming my setup or knowledge of configuration - not too likely!   I'm an IT Pro within a Crestron Smart Home (w/ Crestron Video Distribution) and a full GHz bandwidth provisioned to the DoJo Smile. - Did anyone else have anything like this happen????

No problems overhere and i run two silvers everything connected with cat7 cables
(05-Mar-2017, 08:50)AdamInHiltonHead Wrote: Was prompted for download for update last night rather late. Upon acceptance it appeared to take some time for configuration, losing interest I let it go and went to sleep. This morning I was met with my Dialogue having a steady/intermittent flash. This flash is not the flashing white LED Bar when configuring/updating the Dialogue; that flash (i.e. after pushing it three times to reset) is slow and then locks to solid white again. This steady/faster flash is not stopping and appears to have a hint of red in the Flash. Result - my Dialogue is down with no apparent method to reset to factory after attempting the latest upgrade. Thus Spark won't acknowledge my Dialogue and prompts me to reset via three presses to white bar. My thought is that the latest upgrade crashed my Dialogue. My gut feeling is that it isn't going to be user fixable or something I can reset; further I have a sinking feeling that Devialet won't acknowledge my assertion that it occurred during upgrade. Thus if the input chip/circuit is bad; this is going to be an issue labeled power surge out of warranty or some other scenario in which the end result is me purchasing a new Dialogue. Anticipating that someone is going to ask me about my setup - long ago I ran flat CAT7 Cables to both Silver Phantoms, and placed a small white 8-port gigabit non-smart switch with an Airport Express (also via CAT7) via a home run and configured Double NAT with DHCP. In this room I have one of the (4) Ubiquiti WAPs that provide zero-hand off in my home via 2.4, and I use Russound hi-res freq hopping for my Conrad Johnson premium HiFi traditional setup at 3 channels around 5.2; and an Airport Extreme at 5.8 for my hi-res SSDs (1 video, 1 audio). The Devialet Phantom Airport Express Router is dedicated to 2.4 (but different channel than rest of home. Why the long explanation? I want to know if the firmware update crashed anyone else's Dialogue and as far as blaming my setup or knowledge of configuration - not too likely! I'm an IT Pro within a Crestron Smart Home (w/ Crestron Video Distribution) and a full GHz bandwidth provisioned to the DoJo Smile. - Did anyone else have anything like this happen????

Mine went fine, 2 silvers on PLC and Dialog via Ethernet.

That's too complex for me to understand but I would be wanting to eliminate the network as an issue so I would hook up the dialog direct to your router and see if you can reset it. Make sure you unplug it completely to power off for a while. Your network may be fine but the Dialog may have some quirk that comes up on upgrade.
(05-Mar-2017, 08:50)AdamInHiltonHead Wrote: Was prompted for download for update last night rather late.  Upon acceptance it appeared to take some time for configuration, losing interest I let it go and went to sleep.  This morning I was met with my Dialogue having a steady/intermittent flash.  This flash is not the flashing white LED Bar when configuring/updating the Dialogue; that flash (i.e. after pushing it three times to reset) is slow and then locks to solid white again.  This steady/faster flash is not stopping and appears to have a hint of red in the Flash.  Result - my Dialogue is down with no apparent method to reset to factory after attempting the latest upgrade.  Thus Spark won't acknowledge my Dialogue and prompts me to reset via three presses to white bar.  My thought is that the latest upgrade crashed my Dialogue.  My gut feeling is that it isn't going to be user fixable or something I can reset; further I have a sinking feeling that Devialet won't acknowledge my assertion that it occurred during upgrade.  Thus if the input chip/circuit is bad; this is going to be an issue labeled power surge out of warranty or some other scenario in which the end result is me purchasing a new Dialogue.  Anticipating that someone is going to ask me about my setup - long ago I ran flat CAT7 Cables to both Silver Phantoms, and placed a small white 8-port gigabit non-smart switch with an Airport Express (also via CAT7) via a home run and configured Double NAT with DHCP.  In this room I have one of the (4) Ubiquiti WAPs that provide zero-hand off in my home via 2.4, and I use Russound hi-res freq hopping for my Conrad Johnson premium HiFi traditional setup at 3 channels around 5.2; and an Airport Extreme at 5.8 for my hi-res SSDs (1 video, 1 audio).  The Devialet Phantom Airport Express Router is dedicated to 2.4 (but different channel than rest of home.  Why the long explanation?  I want to know if the firmware update crashed anyone else's Dialogue and as far as blaming my setup or knowledge of configuration - not too likely!   I'm an IT Pro within a Crestron Smart Home (w/ Crestron Video Distribution) and a full GHz bandwidth provisioned to the DoJo Smile. - Did anyone else have anything like this happen????

Just connect the Dialog directly to your main router. If that doesn't work it's probably bricked. I've had no problems with Devialet acknowledging faulty equipment before, and don't understand why you should have any trouble returning the Dialog and getting a new one Smile
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I think they might even send you a Dialog without asking to send yours back first.