Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AQVox AQ-SWITCH-8
(22-Mar-2017, 13:56)Dr Tone Wrote: Is that wall wart a 120VAC with a 230VAC adapter?

It's a German device (well tweaked Taiwanese!) so 230V, I'm using it with an adapter so I can plug it into UK mains.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(22-Mar-2017, 13:19)Antoine Wrote:
(22-Mar-2017, 11:28)octaviars Wrote: I use this connection right now but with a regular switch but have plans on a Aqvox.

I talked to a computer guy and he told me that using the router as a switch could affect things as the switch often found in routers is of less quality and a seperate good quality switch that handles the audio only could be a good thing to try.

I agree with that and it's something I've been doing in my system for a long time as well. One other reason you did not mention is that the router (if we're talking about the router that connects us to the Internet) has a noisy cable or other telco connection. Especially 'cable' (as in CATV) is very dirty, one needs to take great care in isolating it from ones system.

Yes I am refering to the router that connects us to the Internet but in my case I have (FTTH) fiber so no need for any isolation there in my case.

I have fiberconverter to router (with wifi) to switch and in that switch I connect my Devialet and computer with Roon/HQ Player/AIR
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(22-Mar-2017, 13:56)Dr Tone Wrote: Is that wall wart a 120VAC with a 230VAC adapter?

Modified/optimized original external power supply worldwide 100-240 V AC, input adapter will be needed for each country. 
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Just like the details, it is a switching power supply, with all negative RF interference Dodgy
No power supply with transformer!!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
The AQVox has continued to delight me. In some respects I would argue that it is one of those transformative changes, a bit like the power line upgrades I carried out a few years ago, and more recently the power conditioning.

I am hearing other reports from other owners and they are very much tallying up with my observations. 

My approach has always been "everything matters" even if I couldn't always explain why a change worked or not. Many of the tweaks over the years have been at best very difficult to properly evaluate and I am always very open to the power of placebo and experimenter's bias. A computer switch really shouldn't make a difference but this one is dramatic in its effect. It is such a profound change in my system that I just can't ignore it.

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
So maybe this would be a better experiment than an sotm lan filter.
It's barely more expensive and has a trial period.....

Guillaume, are you plugging it into the wall, or an uber-mains filter? (I know you have dedicated mains anyway, but...)
Also, are you using standard Ethernet cables, or more exotic?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Did you ever tried the Paul Pang Audio Grade Switch ? And compared ?
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
(26-Mar-2017, 17:55)Petter Wrote: Did you ever tried the Paul Pang Audio Grade Switch ? And compared ?

Hi Petter, yes this is what I used before with a LPSU. The improvement in SQ with the AQVox is much more dramatic for me. 

Guillaume

UK
(26-Mar-2017, 10:21)Hifi_swlon Wrote: So maybe this would be a better experiment than an sotm lan filter.
It's barely more expensive and has a trial period.....

Guillaume, are you plugging it into the wall, or an uber-mains filter? (I know you have dedicated mains anyway, but...)
Also, are you using standard Ethernet cables, or more exotic?

Sorry I missed your question. The AQVox is plugged straight into the wall into a dedicated circuit. It is a Schuko with a UK adapter so won't fit in my Denali. I don't have a Schuko to US adapter yet. 

I'm afraid I'm using Audioquest Diamond ones, but in my experience the difference between Ethernet cables has always been small. There are many decent cheaper options out there now (I got my AQs a couple of years ago). This is a whole new scale of change. Like changing source or something.

Guillaume

UK
Another (German) review of the AQVOX switch:

http://www.hifistatement.net/tests/item/...mitstart=0

Conclusion:

The AQVOX switch is really good! The nice thing about this is that it is not particularly difficult to hear the sound differences as soon as the device is integrated into an existing network.

Have to agree with that...

Guillaume

UK