Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AQVox AQ-SWITCH-8
(09-Apr-2017, 19:33)devi63 Wrote: Recently I made a direct comparison between air over wifi and air over ethernet - the first was clearly better. Although I used just a 50 Euro Cat 7 cable between the router an my 220 the difference in sq was so clear that I couldn't imagine a better cable would really change the result. What do you think, will the AQVox make such a big difference? And will new streamer board again affect results?

If you are happy with the wifi solution, I would stick with it. Why add another component? IMO, less is more.
In regards to the streamer board, I guess we will just have to wait and see ...
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
I noticed that there are couple interesting reviews regarding the Aqvox switch on the Audioshark forum.

http://www.audioshark.org/showthread.php...post196645
http://www.audioshark.org/showthread.php...post199128
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(10-Apr-2017, 06:00)petrik Wrote: I noticed that there are couple interesting reviews regarding the Aqvox switch on the Audioshark forum.

Thanks for posting these links petrik, much appreciated.  It is interesting to read yet more user reviews, also there does appear to be a degree of consistency regarding the positive observations people are posting for the AQVOX.  If I am completely honest, I am still finding very hard to understand how the AQVOX can provide any improvement.  Although I have ordered one so I will find out for myself soon enough!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(10-Apr-2017, 10:24)Confused Wrote:
(10-Apr-2017, 06:00)petrik Wrote: I noticed that there are couple interesting reviews regarding the Aqvox switch on the Audioshark forum.

Thanks for posting these links petrik, much appreciated.  It is interesting to read yet more user reviews, also there does appear to be a degree of consistency regarding the positive observations people are posting for the AQVOX.  If I am completely honest, I am still finding very hard to understand how the AQVOX can provide any improvement.  Although I have ordered one so I will find out for myself soon enough!

It would be great if you could write your own little review about it at some point Shy

I have ordered one, too. It will be interesting to see whether we all agree on possible sq improvements.
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland
(10-Apr-2017, 10:43)petrik Wrote:
(10-Apr-2017, 10:24)Confused Wrote:

It would be great if you could write your own little review about it at some point Shy

I have ordered one, too. It will be interesting to see whether we all agree on possible sq improvements.

Yes, I shall certainly report on my findings with the Aqvox.  This will be with the microRendu/Mutec and in time I will try it with AIR.  Having said that, I am still waiting for my notification for dispatch.  Aqvox are still quoting two weeks delivery on their website at the moment and it is now exactly two weeks since I ordered one.  It's looking a little unlikely I will have it for testing over the Easter holidays as I planned.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(10-Apr-2017, 14:11)Confused Wrote:
(10-Apr-2017, 10:43)petrik Wrote:
(10-Apr-2017, 10:24)Confused Wrote: Thanks for posting these links petrik, much appreciated.  It is interesting to read yet more user reviews, also there does appear to be a degree of consistency regarding the positive observations people are posting for the AQVOX.  If I am completely honest, I am still finding very hard to understand how the AQVOX can provide any improvement.  Although I have ordered one so I will find out for myself soon enough!

Yes, I shall certainly report on my findings with the Aqvox.  This will be with the microRendu/Mutec and in time I will try it with AIR.  Having said that, I am still waiting for my notification for dispatch.  Aqvox are still quoting two weeks delivery on their website at the moment and it is now exactly two weeks since I ordered one.  It's looking a little unlikely I will have it for testing over the Easter holidays as I planned.

Mine took a couple of weeks to dispatch. I guess they have been inundated with orders as it is clearly the flavour of the month.

With that said it continues to delight me and I look forward to hearing everyone else's impressions, good or bad. Compared to my my Paul Pang switch the improvements wrought to my system are fairly dramatic and you don't have to concentrate too hard to hear what it is doing. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(10-Apr-2017, 14:30)GuillaumeB Wrote: Mine took a couple of weeks to dispatch. I guess they have been inundated with orders as it is clearly the flavour of the month.

With that said it continues to delight me and I look forward to hearing everyone else's impressions, good or bad. Compared to my my Paul Pang switch the improvements wrought to my system are fairly dramatic and you don't have to concentrate too hard to hear what it is doing. 

Guillaume
Yes, it does look like they are busy.  I received an email notification of dispatch with tracking number at 8:30pm last night, which would be 9:30pm in Germany.  So that is notification of dispatch almost exactly two weeks after I ordered, which is what they state on their website.  Plus, if they are processing orders at 9:30pm they are clearly making an effort to keep up with demand!
(11-Apr-2017, 09:11)Confused Wrote:
(10-Apr-2017, 14:30)GuillaumeB Wrote: Mine took a couple of weeks to dispatch. I guess they have been inundated with orders as it is clearly the flavour of the month.

Guillaume
Yes, it does look like they are busy.  I received an email notification of dispatch with tracking number at 8:30pm last night, which would be 9:30pm in Germany.  So that is notification of dispatch almost exactly two weeks after I ordered, which is what they state on their website.  Plus, if they are processing orders at 9:30pm they are clearly making an effort to keep up with demand!

@Confused: Did you already receive the Aqvox?

I received mine yesterday but I haven't tried it yet. I am missing some Ethernet cables to do all needed connections so I'm planning to do some shopping today Smile
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland
@petrik - Yes, I have the Aqvox. I was hoping to get it in time for the Easter break. As things turned out, I arrived home on Tuesday to fine a small package from Aqvox with a UK/EU adaptor plug, and a little card stating that I had missed a parcel delivery. Anyway, I managed to pick it up on Wednesday. I should have some time this weekend for some careful evaluation. The Aqvox is plugged in and set up, so it will have been powered up for a good 60 hours by the time I listen to it carefully.
Good to hear that you have it too.

Now, I started thinking which Ethernet cables to buy... Cat6, Cat7, shielded, unshielded, Supra, Aqvox, Chord... etc. Too many options! Smile
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland