Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AQVox AQ-SWITCH-8
I think you can sometimes learn more about a company when things are not going so well, rather than when they are going fully to plan.

Anyway, I sent the Aqvox switch back last week and yesterday I received a full refund, which included the original cost of postage from Germany to the UK. OK, I had to pay the postage for return, but all things considered I think this is excellent service.

So if anyone else is considering the Aqvox switch and is not sure due to my rather negative posts versus some other very positive posts, I can at least confirm that the refund policy is fair, so nothing to worry about in that regard.

So I am now wondering about the JCat alternaive, which at Euro 195 is a lot cheaper than the Aqvox, until you consider that they advise that you use it with a high quality LPSU, which makes it much more expensive that the Aqvox. The trouble is, I can find very little information on the JCat at the moment, so I think I'll sit back and wait for a while.

http://jplay.eu/jcat/#manual12
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - microRendu - Mutec MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(17-May-2017, 12:30)Confused Wrote: I think you can sometimes learn more about a company when things are not going so well, rather than when they are going fully to plan.

Anyway, I sent the Aqvox switch back last week and yesterday I received a full refund, which included the original cost of postage from Germany to the UK.  OK, I had to pay the postage for return, but all things considered I think this is excellent service.

So if anyone else is considering the Aqvox switch and is not sure due to my rather negative posts versus some other very positive posts, I can at least confirm that the refund policy is fair, so nothing to worry about in that regard.

That's good to hear. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

O d'A no.63, Absolare Integrated Signature, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-six, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Transparent Ref XL digital cables, Transparent XL Gen 5 speaker cables, Ansuz Diamond Darkz, Shunyata mains cable prototypes, Shunyata Denali D6000/S, Shunyata Venom RCA, Audioquest Diamond Ethernet, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, AQVOX Audiophile High-End Network Switch, sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD & MCRU LPS
UK