Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transparent XL speaker cable Gen 5 FS
Big Grin 
For obvious reasons I am selling my beloved Transparent Reference XL speaker cables. These sit just below Opus in the Transparent hierarchy.

These are specially calibrated to the very low Devialet output impedance and the Wilson Sasha 2. They can be recalibrated by Transparent if need be.

These are the latest Gen 5 and according to reviewers get very close to the performance of Gen 4 Opus.

The lengths are 5M LHS, and 2M RHS with bananas at the amp end and spades at the speaker end. So perfect if your Devialet sit to the right of your right speaker.

Please contact me if interested and we can discuss pricing.

Absolutely incredible sound with the Devialet. This is a unique opportunity to acquire these at a reduced price.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(01-Mar-2017, 21:53)GuillaumeB Wrote: For obvious reasons I am selling my beloved Transparent Reference XL speaker cables. These sit just below Opus in the Transparent hierarchy.

These are specially calibrated to the very low Devialet output impedance and the Wilson Sasha 2. They can be recalibrated by Transparent if need be.

These are the latest Gen 5 and according to reviewers get very close to the performance of Gen 4 Opus.

The lengths are 5M LHS, and 1.5M RHS with bananas at the amp end and spades at the speaker end. So perfect if your Devialet sit to the right of your right speaker.

Absolutely incredible sound with the Devialet. This is a unique opportunity to acquire these at a reduced price.

Guillaume

Sorry to be a bit OT here, Guillaume. I could never afford these beasts, and it must make sense from a financial point of view to only have as much as you need, but I have a question.  Having different lengths of speaker cable, do you notice any difference in SQ between the channels? Do you have to compensate with the balance control? In my system, the amp sits near the left hand speaker, while the right hand one is three meters away. I was told to keep the lengths of speaker cable the same to avoid any mis-match in sound from each speaker.

Alex.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(02-Mar-2017, 03:33)Axel Wrote:
(01-Mar-2017, 21:53)GuillaumeB Wrote: For obvious reasons I am selling my beloved Transparent Reference XL speaker cables. These sit just below Opus in the Transparent hierarchy.

The lengths are 5M LHS, and 1.5M RHS with bananas at the amp end and spades at the speaker end. So perfect if your Devialet sit to the right of your right speaker.

Guillaume

Sorry to be a bit OT here, Guillaume. I could never afford these beasts, and it must make sense from a financial point of view to only have as much as you need, but I have a question.  Having different lengths of speaker cable, do you notice any difference in SQ between the channels? Do you have to compensate with the balance control? In my system, the amp sits near the left hand speaker, while the right hand one is three meters away. I was told to keep the lengths of speaker cable the same to avoid any mis-match in sound from each speaker.

Alex.

No need to compensate these are according to Transparent optimised for the different lengths. Whether you believe that is possible or not is a different matter.

There wasn't much of a price difference between the different lengths, because my speakers are quite wide apart having 5M on one side is a bit of a faff and an eyesore.

Regarding different lengths it was recently pointed out to me that the signal travels at 300KM/sec and 70% of speed of light, so if we are talking just a few metres...

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(01-Mar-2017, 21:53)GuillaumeB Wrote: The lengths are 5M LHS, and 1.5M RHS with bananas at the amp end and spades at the speaker end. So perfect if your Devialet sit to the right of your right speaker.
Surely it world work just as well if your amp was on the left?
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(02-Mar-2017, 11:22)Soniclife Wrote:
(01-Mar-2017, 21:53)GuillaumeB Wrote: The lengths are 5M LHS, and 1.5M RHS with bananas at the amp end and spades at the speaker end. So perfect if your Devialet sit to the right of your right speaker.

Yup. The only thing is that the massive network boxes would be upside down. Some like to ogle over their gear whilst listening to music... not me!  Angel

Guillaume

UK

.pdf   img094.pdf (Size: 385.29 KB / Downloads: 221)

UK
(02-Mar-2017, 11:24)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(02-Mar-2017, 11:22)Soniclife Wrote:

Yup. The only thing is that the massive network boxes would be upside down. Some like to ogle over their gear whilst listening to music... not me!  Angel

Guillaume
There's always another level of obsessive compulsive to discover in this hobby.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
Sorry to hear that you are leaving the Transparent camp!
I'm an XL MM2 owner, tweaked to match Dev/Magico S5s. Over the years I've had Transparent, then MIT, then Synergistic and now back to Transparent (also dabbled with Cardas and Siltech).

All great wires but I do like the solidity and soundstaging of Transparent and the unforced but detailed top end. They are truly great cables, expensive to buy into but you get 70% of your investment back if you move up a model or upgrade to newer version. You may not believe that a wire can influence things, but I've heard enough to be a believer. Must be these big network boxes - which are a pain in the ass when you stub your big toe on them! Trial and error to get the right system matching is key.

Hope you find your ideal cable - remember that the Devs and the Sashas will not appreciate bell wire!

Kevin
Devialet 1000 Pro; Magico A5 loudspeakers; Metronome T3a Signature CD Transport; dCS Network Bridge; Kuzma M turntable; Kuzma 4Point14 tonearm; Koetsu Sky Blue; Benzmicro LPS; Audioquest Vodka Ethernet; Transparent Reference Digital RCA-RCA; Transparent Reference XL MM2 speaker cable; Transparent Reference mains cable; PS Audio P5 PowerPlant; Artesania and Finite Elemente equipment racks 
North Somerset, UK     
(02-Mar-2017, 16:02)KIBM Wrote: Sorry to hear that you are leaving the Transparent camp!
I'm an XL MM2 owner, tweaked to match Dev/Magico S5s. Over the years I've had Transparent, then MIT, then Synergistic and now back to Transparent (also dabbled with Cardas and Siltech).

All great wires but I do like the solidity and soundstaging of Transparent and the unforced but detailed top end. They are truly great cables, expensive to buy into but you get 70% of your investment back if you move up a model or upgrade to newer version. You may not believe that a wire can influence things, but I've heard enough to be a believer. Must be these big network boxes - which are a pain in the ass when you stub your big toe on them! Trial and error to get the right system matching is key.

Hope you find your ideal cable - remember that the Devs and the Sashas will not appreciate bell wire!

Kevin

Cheers Kevin. In truth these cables are exceptional. They are also super quiet in the sense that detail improved over my previous reference, the Chord Sarums. Stuff that I just hadn't noticed before was allowed to come out. But it's that Transparent sound which is lovely, there is no doubt that the network boxes impart their own magic on the sound. The top end is fully extended but never really harsh. And of course bass is absolutely solid and fully fleshed out.

So someone is going to be VERY happy with these, no doubt about it.

Guillaume

UK
Just a quick post to say that I still have these for sale.  

I'll take £6k for these, that's just under a third of what I paid for them  Sad

Even if they have to go back to Transparent for recalibration/retermination (and factoring the return journey to the US)  this is still a crazy good deal. I really need to move these on now as they are just sitting around collecting dust. Criminal really.  

This cable is one level below Opus! 

Guillaume

UK