Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transparent XL speaker cable Gen 5 FS
(02-Mar-2017, 11:21)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(02-Mar-2017, 03:33)Axel Wrote:
(01-Mar-2017, 21:53)GuillaumeB Wrote: For obvious reasons I am selling my beloved Transparent Reference XL speaker cables. These sit just below Opus in the Transparent hierarchy.

These are specially calibrated to the very low Devialet output impedance and the Wilson Sasha 2. They can be recalibrated by Transparent if need be.

These are the latest Gen 5 and according to reviewers get very close to the performance of Gen 4 Opus.

The lengths are 5M LHS, and 1.5M RHS with bananas at the amp end and spades at the speaker end. So perfect if your Devialet sit to the right of your right speaker.

Please contact me if interested and we can discuss pricing.

Absolutely incredible sound with the Devialet. This is a unique opportunity to acquire these at a reduced price.

Guillaume

Sorry to be a bit OT here, Guillaume. I could never afford these beasts, and it must make sense from a financial point of view to only have as much as you need, but I have a question.  Having different lengths of speaker cable, do you notice any difference in SQ between the channels? Do you have to compensate with the balance control? In my system, the amp sits near the left hand speaker, while the right hand one is three meters away. I was told to keep the lengths of speaker cable the same to avoid any mis-match in sound from each speaker.

Alex.

No need to compensate these are according to Transparent optimised for the different lengths. Whether you believe that is possible or not is a different matter.

There wasn't much of a price difference between the different lengths, because my speakers are quite wide apart having 5M on one side is a bit of a faff and an eyesore.

Regarding different lengths it was recently pointed out to me that the signal travels at 300KM/sec and 70% of speed of light, so if we are talking just a few metres...

Guillaume

If I were a dedicated speaker cable seller, I would of course advise you to the same length ..... Rolleyes
At a difference of 4m, the signal arrives at the LS on the longer cable to 0.0000000133 seconds later.
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(07-Jun-2018, 19:05)K4680 Wrote:
(02-Mar-2017, 11:21)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(02-Mar-2017, 03:33)Axel Wrote: Sorry to be a bit OT here, Guillaume. I could never afford these beasts, and it must make sense from a financial point of view to only have as much as you need, but I have a question.  Having different lengths of speaker cable, do you notice any difference in SQ between the channels? Do you have to compensate with the balance control? In my system, the amp sits near the left hand speaker, while the right hand one is three meters away. I was told to keep the lengths of speaker cable the same to avoid any mis-match in sound from each speaker.

Alex.

No need to compensate these are according to Transparent optimised for the different lengths. Whether you believe that is possible or not is a different matter.

There wasn't much of a price difference between the different lengths, because my speakers are quite wide apart having 5M on one side is a bit of a faff and an eyesore.

Regarding different lengths it was recently pointed out to me that the signal travels at 300KM/sec and 70% of speed of light, so if we are talking just a few metres...

Guillaume

If I were a dedicated speaker cable seller, I would of course advise you to the same length ..... Rolleyes
At a difference of 4m, the signal arrives at the LS on the longer cable to 0.0000000133 seconds later.

Well quite! Now who is going to take these off me?! Do I need to offer cash back or something?!  Tongue Big Grin

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
This is a final attempt to sell these cables on here. I am now prepared to accept £4,000, that’s less than a quarter of what I paid for them. These are one level below Opus in the Transparent hierarchy.

They are literally sitting in a box in my loft, which is a dreadful waste.  Sad

My plan is to put them on eBay in a few days’ time. 

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(21-Aug-2018, 09:54)GuillaumeB Wrote: This is a final attempt to sell these cables on here. I am now prepared to accept £4,000, that’s less than a quarter of what I paid for them. These are one level below Opus in the Transparent hierarchy.

Guillaume

Hello, is the cable still available?
(11-Feb-2019, 11:27)Andili Wrote:
(21-Aug-2018, 09:54)GuillaumeB Wrote: This is a final attempt to sell these cables on here. I am now prepared to accept £4,000, that’s less than a quarter of what I paid for them. These are one level below Opus in the Transparent hierarchy.

Guillaume

Hello, is the cable still available?

Apologies for the late reply these have been sold. Will update the forum.

Guillaume

UK