Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my setup is foobar
Hey guys

Up until recently I have been using apple remote app on an iphone/ipad to control my laptop and foobar 2000 with the aide of foo_touchremote component. This however with the recent remote app update has stopped working and with the foo_touchromote no longer being supported I feel that no solution will be forthcoming. 

The logical solution would be Roon or a Melco type device, however with all the uncertainty of what to expect from the streamer board I am reluctant to jump in, laying down any financial commitment just yet. 

So i guess my question is are there any low outlay options I can adopt until Devialet play their hand?
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
Roon is completely unrelated to the streamer board and could replace foobar on your laptop and be controlled by Roon remote on your iPhone & iPad.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

You can also try MUSIChi Suite client/server solution, however you will need one pc (acting as the server) and another one (or windows tablet) acting as the control point.
(03-Mar-2017, 02:59)Dr Tone Wrote: Roon is completely unrelated to the streamer board and could replace foobar on your laptop and be controlled by Roon remote on your iPhone & iPad.

I understand that but maybe the streamer board may open up further options for us. Or maybe I'm being naive to expect anything from this streamer board at all.

(03-Mar-2017, 07:30)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: You can also try MUSIChi Suite client/server solution, however you will need one pc (acting as the server) and another one (or windows tablet) acting as the control point.

I had a quick look but couldn't see if an ios device could be used as a control point?
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
I realise Roon is very popular with Devialet users but surely there must be a number of other options available to me?

so far I see
Roon and Roon control for ipad
Foobar 2000 with Apple Remote (not longer supported)
Foobar 2000 with Monketmote (I've tried Monketmote lite who's connection has been a bit sketchy tbh)
Jriver and Jremote (not tried yet but Jriver doesn't seem to have the most love from users)
itunes with Apple Remote (itunes doesn't support flac files)

The Cotswolds England
(03-Mar-2017, 21:37)tyefighter Wrote:
(03-Mar-2017, 02:59)Dr Tone Wrote: Roon is completely unrelated to the streamer board and could replace foobar on your laptop and be controlled by Roon remote on your iPhone & iPad.

I understand that but maybe the streamer board may open up further options for us. Or maybe I'm being naive to expect anything from this streamer board at all.

(03-Mar-2017, 07:30)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: You can also try MUSIChi Suite client/server solution, however you will need one pc (acting as the server) and another one (or windows tablet) acting as the control point.

I had a quick look but couldn't see if an ios device could be used as a control point?

Not currently but the developer in a newsletter said he is working on it
(03-Mar-2017, 21:37)tyefighter Wrote:

The streaming board might allow you to ditch the laptop in the playback chain.  That's about all it could offer you above and beyond what you can achieve right now.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2