Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest firmware and SAM issue
Hey boys and girls... quick question for you

I have a digital player connected to a expert 200 via usb.  Everything plays perfectly... that is until I turn SAM on, everything goes silent.  As soon as I toggle SAM off music is back.

I decided to upgrade to the latest 10 firmware and tried to use the same config/SAM file and the devialet recognized it fine.  But now when I try to toggle SAM on and off nothing happens.  It appears that with the latest firmware and when you are using a SAM config the system automatically goes into SAM mode.  Now there is no way to toggle SAM on and off?

Let me know boys and girls
SAM can always be turned on / off by going into tone controls. Keep clicking until you see SAM on the display and turn the volume control to change on / off.

If SAM doesn't work right it's most likely your configuration that has a bug in it. Delete the config off the SD card and re-format the card so there's absolutely nothing on it. Download the firmware again and install. Delete the firmware off the SD card. Then make up a new config and install. That way you're sure nothing 'old' has stayed on the card that can mess things up.

What speakers do you use? There might be someone here with the same speakers that has had similar experiences.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Thanks, I will try clearing the mem card completely

speakers are jbl s4700's. When I unplug the unit, drop the mem card in and plug the unit back in the whole system reads the correct S4700 config file. However, every time I turn the unit on again after that it no longer shows the sam config setting. When it boots up and I try to switch on sam, it does nothing... miraculously when I press and hold the "source" button, "SAM" appears on screen several seconds later and no matter what i cannot turn it off then without restarting the unit.

When I go into tone controls and scroll all the way through all 4 pages I do not get a SAM setting page.

Strange indeed
I found the issue... the SAM file for the S4700 speakers is corrupt. I loaded another file and all worked perfectly with that file. Thanks for the assistance
Enjoy!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.