Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peachtree Nova 150 & Nova 300 vs Devialet 200
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/0...e-nova150/

"The new Peachtree easily outmuscles its Massachusetts rival on specified watts per channel: 150wpc into 8 Ohms. What’s really interesting is how the nova150 feels more powerful in use than another super integrated, the Devialet Expert 200, even if it can’t quite match the Frenchman on separation and depth of detail retrieval. On overall gestalt, the nova150 sits closer to Devialet than the Vinnie Rossi."

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2017/0...e-nova300/

"Devialet’s Expert 200 remains a more finessed and elegant sounding piece – great for strung-out EPs like Kristen Hersh’s Strings – but also a a shade polite, especially when driving Daniel Avery’s DJ Kicks mix into a pair KEF’s LS50. The Peachtree serves up more hip thrust and 4-4 fistpunch than its French rival.

Music taste will determine preference here but how many US$2299 integrateds do you know of that can hold their own against the thrice more costly Devialet? I find the nova300’s greater headroom and more overt macro-dynamic shifts better suited to the KEF standmounts than the Devialet, especially with indie rock and electronica/techno. Want a little more warmth? Add a tube buffer to the nova300’s input/output loop (untested here)."

The Nova 500 will be commercialized soon ...
Pro-Ject CD BOX RS--Roon--Qobuz Studio--Technics SL-1200GR--Synergistic Research Tricon Analogue 20th Anniversary--AT-OC9XSL--AudioQuest Niagara 1200--AudioQuest NRG-Z3--Devialet 220 Pro CI--Kimber Kable 4PR--Harbeth SHL5--Sumiko S.9 Subwoofers--Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold--IsoAcoustics GAIA II and Orea Graphite
Alicante (Spain)
Its good to read that someone is making progress that can challenge our beloved D. Maybe this will ring a bell at D headquarters for more R&D to their original purpose and not to cars and TVs...
(05-Mar-2017, 21:17)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: Its good to read that someone is making progress that can challenge our beloved D. Maybe this will ring a bell at D headquarters for more R&D to their original purpose and not to cars and TVs...

+1

If Devialet intends to democratize high-quality recorded music, with Peachtree's prices can have a tough rival

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4069

After the music trails off, Sannié turns and says: “This is what we want to achieve with our technology: to deliver this emotion to all of humanity.” It’s a vision proclaimed by the company name itself (pronounced: duv’-ē-a-lay), named after Guillaume Vialet, an obscure 18th century French intellectual who co-compiled the “L’Encyclopédie Française,” a project that attempted to catalog every aspect of French life and culture. The goal was to democratize knowledge. Sannié picked the name because he wants to democratize high-quality recorded music.
Pro-Ject CD BOX RS--Roon--Qobuz Studio--Technics SL-1200GR--Synergistic Research Tricon Analogue 20th Anniversary--AT-OC9XSL--AudioQuest Niagara 1200--AudioQuest NRG-Z3--Devialet 220 Pro CI--Kimber Kable 4PR--Harbeth SHL5--Sumiko S.9 Subwoofers--Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold--IsoAcoustics GAIA II and Orea Graphite
Alicante (Spain)
They're bang on track with the uber-expensive 'play once' lacquers then. Smile

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(05-Mar-2017, 21:43)Hifi_swlon Wrote: They're bang on track with the uber-expensive 'play once' lacquers then. Smile

If they use the money they make on those lacquers to develop better and cheaper gear than I'm all for it. But I've got a sneaky suspicion that Devialet used the lacquers to get a foot in the door with the ultra rich.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I would not worry about Peachtree, if would be one of the persons who upgraded to Pro version:
1) it was common praise, that upgrade to Pro was worth the money (which was more than price of Peachtree 300)
2) old, poor D200 (Wink) was used with LS50
3) we don't know if SAM was used with KEFs
4) we all know, that little better sound (and D200 was more finessed) might require spending much more money
5) D200 supports lower impedance of speakers (and if i remember more power into 4Ohms than Peachtree)
6) D200 gives opportunity to upgrade to Pro or dual mono. That must be worth something

Are we better now?

PS. Did i say that Pro owners will get new uPnP/DLNA card worth almost Nova 300?
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
(06-Mar-2017, 08:50)maxijazz Wrote: I would not worry about Peachtree, if would be one of the persons who upgraded to Pro version:
1) it was common praise, that upgrade to Pro was worth the money (which was more than price of Peachtree 300)
2) old, poor D200 (Wink) was used with LS50
3) we don't know if SAM was used with KEFs
4) we all know, that little better sound (and D200 was more finessed) might require spending much more money
5) D200 supports lower impedance of speakers (and if i remember more power into 4Ohms than Peachtree)
6) D200 gives opportunity to upgrade to Pro or dual mono. That must be worth something

Are we better now?

PS. Did i say that Pro owners will get new uPnP/DLNA card worth almost Nova 300?

Here you can see the answer to point 3)

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/0...om-part-2/
Alicante (Spain)
I asked Mr Darko and he gave us answer to the 3).
SAM was not used with LS50s when compared to Nova 300. Not that i would care about personally, i have never heard these KEFs, but some here might want to know...
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
I have the Kef ls50 with a D120. It makes no difference whether I turned on the SAM or not. This beast of a bookshelf has huge amount of base regardless of the amplification. I owned B&W CM6 S2 with Peachtree Nova 220SE (220 wpc hybrid ss & tube). I can confirm that Peachtree managed to pull micro details from every track I could play. But in terms of coherency, tonality and versatility. The Devialet is still a shining pioneer.

Of course YMMV, and my room is small. So that's info someone might benefit from.
Mac Mini ----> Audioquest Diamond USB ---> Devialet Expert 250 ---> AudioQuest Meteor ---> Focal Scala Utopia
On the plus side, I didn't know about Devialet, except for the Phantom's, until reading that review. And I now I'm considering buying a second hand 200 rather than buying the Peachtree. Nice to meet you all here.
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden