Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D200 volume issue
hello Friends,
seeking help from experienced members or any one who has experienced this  issue  with d200. Today I found  my d200 behaving abnormally.
normally the unit performs well at -25 volume clear and detailed, now I have to crank it up to -11. doesn't sound the same anymore. very distorted .
I tried factory reset, unplugged all connection restarted, still the volume is not there. I have not changed my speakers nor the cables.
Any suggestion to trouble shoot this or should I send it for warranty repair, The unit is about 8 months old.

I find the customer support in North America  absolutely de-grading. I don't think they have tech support like other high end audio has. Occasionally  you get through to this one girl that does not display adequate  knowledge.

My dealer doesn't seem to be of much help either.
How do i contact Devialet France directly?
To contact them directly i would recommend the online chat on the support tab of their web site.

As for trouble shooting, what source(s) are you using?
Have you tried multiple?
Do you have the possibility to try with other speakers?
Are you using SAM, etc...

Best of luck to identify the culprit,

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
I had this problem once:
https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=1124 
Are there any error codes?

I ended sending the amp back to Devialet, where they replaced one of the boards (can't remember which one).

Hope you get it sorted without too much trouble.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(26-Mar-2017, 08:35)Jean-Marie Wrote: To contact them directly i would recommend the online chat on the support tab of their web site.

As for trouble shooting, what source(s) are you using?
Have you tried multiple?
Do you have the possibility to try with other speakers?
Are you using SAM, etc...

Best of luck to identify the culprit,

Jean-Marie

jean- marie,
I tried Turn table, CD player, AIR and Streamer. All different  source display the same volume. 
I did switch to another speaker, still the same. One last attempt will be to try a different power cord.

Last week I took my D200 , my Transparent cable to demo Opera Grand Callas. I tried the Grand Callas with other Amps like Moon Revolution and Bryston thats when I realized the beauty and power of D200. It was stunning, full of excitement  at that point I realized instead of getting the upgrade I would spend the money on another D200. I am very close to buying the Focal Sopra3 after months of auditioning  different speakers.
(26-Mar-2017, 13:01)Axel Wrote: I had this problem once:

I ended sending the amp back to Devialet, where they replaced one of the boards (can't remember which one).

No error codes. I am going tot try a different power cord.
Have you heard about Triode Labs power cable  with a special narrow Furutech FI-C15(G) C13 IEC connector, designed for Devialet gear with a sliding cove. He has given a 30 day trial with money back.
Will try it out and post how it performs.

I think Axel's answer is worth checking.

if the Class D part of the amp has failed, then only the A part of the amplifier would work alone and that could explain it.

One test you could do, since the A amplifier is 6W if I remember correctly is to see if you start hearing some degradation past -15dB which would correspond to 6W on you D200.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(26-Mar-2017, 15:41)vishu Wrote:

No error codes. I am going tot try a different power cord.
Have you heard about Triode Labs power cable  with a special narrow Furutech FI-C15(G) C13 IEC connector, designed for Devialet gear with a sliding cove. He has given a 30 day trial with money back.
Will try it out and post how it performs.

No idea if a different power cord would address the issues you're having, but I can speak very highly of the Triode Wire Labs power cords and specifically using that Furutech IEC termination in the Expert.  I've got a 440 Pro and am using TWL High Powered Digital American PCs with that IEC termination on each.   These power cords are a major step up from the Audioquest NRG-X cords that Devialet provides with the new Pros.   

But I have no idea how a power cord might cause the problem you're experiencing.   Since you're not seeing any error codes, my guess is either source or configuration issue.  You could pull the config card out completely, power cycle and let it default to factory settings.  Then try your simplest source (e.g. CD player).
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA