Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D220 Upgrade Received today
I just received my D200 upgraded to D220 Pro today. I did not connect anything yet but noticed the following:

1. I sent them my Devialet together with the standard default Devialet 200 power cable (as I am using my better power cable) and remote
2. Today I received a new D220 Package (apparently the swapped it with my old D200 package) with the following changes
2.1 While they used my main aluminium chassis for the upgrade they seem to have changed the back aluminium cover that hides the cable slots underneath. Which is weird and a bit convenient as the new back cover is not so well manufactured: the corners have tiny aluminium bumps which one can see and feel, it is not 100% fitting as the back cover gets of a little bit harder than my previous cover
2.2 Instead of the basic D200 power cable I found a audioquest NRG X power cable inside, which is really nice, but still inferior to mine though.

Anyone else noticed these difference after their upgrade?
How is sound quality compared to D200 ?

I am still running d120 and I don't know if I should upgrade.
Mac Mini ----> Audioquest Diamond USB ---> Devialet Expert 250 ---> AudioQuest Meteor ---> Focal Scala Utopia
when testing shortly yesterday I actually noticed better bass and sound stage. I am happy I upgraded, but is it worth the upgrade costs?

From a rational perspective: No

But which hobby is rational anyway...
When I got back my 2x D200 setup shipped back as 2x D220 Pro I was very happy but didn't have the surprise to find an Audioquest power cable unfortunately...
Devialet Expert D200 > D400 > D440 Pro, Melco N1A, B&W 804 D3, Wireworld Starlight USB & Eclipse 7 speakers. Japan.
(Oppo HA-1, Macbook Pro, Sennheiser HD800S)