Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D220 Pre out functionality
I am testing a new integrated amp and would like to use my D220 Dac/AIR as a source for the new amplifier's pre amps and amps. Is it possible to use the pre-outs on the D220 to the inputs on the new integrated amp in this way? Or..... would there be another way to bypass or pass the Dac signal through the D220 preamps unchanged?

Thanks!
Devialet 220. Audio Note AN-E. Macbook Pro. Mostly Tidal. Dev AIR / Ethernet. Project xpression iii.

Kelowna, British Columbia
Yes using the pre-outs is the way to go, its exactly the way I feed my headphone amp
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
(06-Mar-2017, 16:06)pdg540 Wrote: I am testing a new integrated amp and would like to use my D220 Dac/AIR as a source for the new amplifier's pre amps and amps. Is it possible to use the pre-outs on the D220 to the inputs on the new integrated amp in this way? Or..... would there be another way to bypass or pass the Dac signal through the D220 preamps unchanged?

Thanks!

FYI: The pre out board has it's own separate DAC it isn't a fair comparison to the main DAC in the ADH portion of a Devialet.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(07-Mar-2017, 05:59)Dr Tone Wrote:
(06-Mar-2017, 16:06)pdg540 Wrote: I am testing a new integrated amp and would like to use my D220 Dac/AIR as a source for the new amplifier's pre amps and amps. Is it possible to use the pre-outs on the D220 to the inputs on the new integrated amp in this way? Or..... would there be another way to bypass or pass the Dac signal through the D220 preamps unchanged?

Thanks!

FYI: The pre out board has it's own separate DAC it isn't a fair comparison to the main DAC in the ADH portion of a Devialet.

Thank you both. I'm not wanting to evaluate the 220 dacs in any way. It's more a matter of expedience to listen to this new integrated without having to run out and grab a dac and streamer.

Will I need to adjust any setting in the configurator and will the D220's volume control still be active?
Devialet 220. Audio Note AN-E. Macbook Pro. Mostly Tidal. Dev AIR / Ethernet. Project xpression iii.

You will need to activate in the configurator
choose the 'digital' phono connections nearest center of the Devialet and in the settings box that appears select 'pre-amp output'

you can then choose if you want the output at a fixed level or variable one (where you adjust volume via Devialet remote)
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
Thanks Gordy. I'll have a look. New integrated should be here tomorrow! Audio Note. Your back yard Smile

I heard Audio Note a couple of years back at an audio show
If I recall it was some monoblock valve amps, one of the best sounding rooms of the day

Good luck with your audition Smile

The Cotswolds England