Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ethernet cable, itune etc
I am using AIR to play my music via iTune.

What's your thought on the quality of ethernet cable? and using iTune vs other players like Audirvana, JRiver etc
(11-Mar-2017, 04:30)burgundy Wrote: I am using AIR to play my music via iTune.

What's your thought on the quality of ethernet cable? and using iTune vs other players like Audirvana, JRiver etc

Audirvana is a nice improvement over iTunes in sound quality and expanded supported formats.  Your existing ethernet cables are fine.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

I guess if you do a bit of 'search' on the forum, you'll find the answers to your questions.
The gist of it:
1, iTunes is not among the top 5 favourite playback software it seems (they are: Roon with or w/o HQplayer, JRiver, Amarra, Audirvana, Foobar. Honourable mention: JPlay
2, the quality of the ethernet cable matters for some and doesn't for others (the former seem to be in majority).
Personally,
1, one of the few things I don't like about Apple is itunes, not the SQ but as the only option to get sound files on my iPad and other functionality issues. I use JRiver 22
2, I hear differences, just as with any other cable in a good system. I have Acoustic Revive and Vovox textura ethernet cables.
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500