Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uptone Audio ISO REGEN
Hi, 

Has anyone managed to get hold of an ISO Regen and are running it in a Devialet environment?

I have had one on order for weeks but for various reasons it's not arrived yet, I was thinking of trying the JCAT equivalent, anyone running one them with Devialet?

I would be interested in any experiences you may of had.

thanks
Innuos Statement, D1000 Pro CI, Shunyata Denali, Alpha v2, Delta v2 and Venom NR12 power cords, Sigma v1 speaker cables, Omega USB, PMC IB2se, Townshend Isolation Podiums.

Marantz SR7012, OPPO BDP 105D, PMC OB1s (Rears), PMC Twenty C (Centre).

South East Wales, UK
This is the first time I have entered the forum. Three days ago I have an Uptone Iso Regen with Ultra Cap LS-1 power supply. Three months ago, after using the free Fidelizer application and for the good results that it obtained, buy the application Fidelizer Pro and apply to Foobar2000 the improvements that they propose, like reading each subject from the RAM of the computer. This made the sound, depth and transparency increase. Then I put a Totaldac USB cable instead of a Wireworld Silver Starlight and the sound became more natural, with no aggressive edges, more analog. With the Iso Regen all files sound more real. Wav files from a CD, sound at the high-end CD player level. All the instruments are in place, you can clearly hear their melodic line, there are more bass, more means and more treble, everything is heard more real.No sounded so good Proac D-15
Devialet 400 - SAM AP Cardeas plus - Acer SSD - Fidelizer Pro - Foobar 2000 -Cable USB Totaldac - Uptone Iso Regen - fuente alimentación Ultra Caps LPS 1 - Unión cable coaxial WireWorld Golden Starlight - 3 X HD WD 4 Tb.- Kimber Kable Select 3033 - Audio Physic Cardeas Plus - Kit de audio Artesania 19 + Dumpers mejorados X 2 - Suministro eléctrico instalación solar con Victron 5000 Va y baterías.
Hi, I finally got my ISO Regen on Friday so still running it in, but I have drop-outs when using the USPBC connector.

Are you using the connector at all.

FYI I have used the connector from the SOtM SMS-200 to ISO Regen and ISO Regen into the D400, same problems.
Innuos Statement, D1000 Pro CI, Shunyata Denali, Alpha v2, Delta v2 and Venom NR12 power cords, Sigma v1 speaker cables, Omega USB, PMC IB2se, Townshend Isolation Podiums.

Marantz SR7012, OPPO BDP 105D, PMC OB1s (Rears), PMC Twenty C (Centre).

South East Wales, UK
Hi . I had noise problems, until I activated the switch that carries the USPBC in the center and that activates the galvanic protection, that seemed to me to read. When the switch is activated, there is no longer any noise, just music
Devialet 400 - SAM AP Cardeas plus - Acer SSD - Fidelizer Pro - Foobar 2000 -Cable USB Totaldac - Uptone Iso Regen - fuente alimentación Ultra Caps LPS 1 - Unión cable coaxial WireWorld Golden Starlight - 3 X HD WD 4 Tb.- Kimber Kable Select 3033 - Audio Physic Cardeas Plus - Kit de audio Artesania 19 + Dumpers mejorados X 2 - Suministro eléctrico instalación solar con Victron 5000 Va y baterías.
(28-Jun-2017, 12:18)Carcrashboy Wrote: Hi, 

Has anyone managed to get hold of an ISO Regen and are running it in a Devialet environment?

I have had one on order for weeks but for various reasons it's not arrived yet, I was thinking of trying the JCAT equivalent, anyone running one them with Devialet?

I would be interested in any experiences you may of had.

thanks

Yes, I trialled the W4S Recovery and the ISO Regen, and for the first few tracks, I thought neither of them did anything to improve the sound of the USB cable straight in to the Devialet.  Both altered the sound noticably, but at first I wasn't sure it was actually better.  The ISO in particular almost made it too bright and clear to be enjoyable.  After getting used to the sound, however, I realised that the real alteration was a removal of a sonic smear.  Piano notes demonstrated the change most easily.  I realised that I was getting greater separation and clarity and attack when the instruments demanded it.  Listening to the USB cable alone evolved to be very disappointing, with music sounding congested and piano sounding glassy/confused. I now definitely preferred the W4S to the USB cable alone, and felt it was smoother than the slightly brighter ISO.  I was about to send the ISO back.
Post was delayed, so I tried the ISO back in again (after I was now used to, and liking the W4S Recovery improvements) and the ISO beat the W4S easily this time, especially on piano and complex music.  Everything was more natural and clearer and transparent and .....just nicer, like a smear had been removed.  It seemed that it had taken time for me to adjust to the new sound, and once I'd experienced it, I liked it more and more.  Over a variety of music, the ISO conclusively proved the better gizmo.
So I kept the ISO and sent back the W4S.
I'm using an LE 120, fronted by an audiophile configured dedicated/quiet PC based streamer.
PS  when I changed the supplied ISO switching power wall-wart for a 6 volt battery, everything got even better.
Hi all,
Anyone can advice if using the standard horizontal "USPCB" USB A>B adapter, the ISO Regen can be attached behind devialet directly, and the cover plate can still be put on or not. Thanks.
Roon HQP > sotm sms-200 > mutec (Cybershaft) > 220 Pro > Cardas Cygnus > Avalon IDEA
Denali 2000T
(08-Feb-2018, 02:23)Kwan Wrote: Hi all,
Anyone can advice if using the standard horizontal "USPCB" USB A>B adapter, the ISO Regen can be attached behind devialet directly, and the cover plate can still be put on or not.  Thanks.

I do not have an ISO Regen, so bear that in mind.

I did have a Regen at one time. First of all, I did brace it from underneath as one would not want the weight of that device hanging unsupported off the USB port on the back of your Devialet. I believe the two units are the same side.

My memory is a little fuzzy, fairly certain I could place back on the lid, but one had to be very careful. Would be good if someone here could verify my recollection.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(08-Feb-2018, 02:23)Kwan Wrote: Hi all,
Anyone can advice if using the standard horizontal "USPCB" USB A>B adapter, the ISO Regen can be attached behind devialet directly, and the cover plate can still be put on or not.  Thanks.

My ISO/USPCB sits nicely behind the Devialet, although you need some sort of support to stop it hanging off the input connection.  The cover plate "half" fits over it.
It will fit on but it can't slide all the way, so you are left with a gap between the unit and the back cover plate of about 1.75cm.  (The lip at back of the cover plate is stopped by the back of the ISO)
Regards  Steve
Thx a lot Steve and baddog for your valuable advice.
Roon HQP > sotm sms-200 > mutec (Cybershaft) > 220 Pro > Cardas Cygnus > Avalon IDEA
Denali 2000T