Poll: What's your age?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
<=24
2.71%
12 2.71%
25-29
3.85%
17 3.85%
30-34
7.47%
33 7.47%
35-39
10.41%
46 10.41%
40-44
17.19%
76 17.19%
45-49
19.23%
85 19.23%
50-54
15.38%
68 15.38%
55-59
10.41%
46 10.41%
60-64
8.37%
37 8.37%
65+
4.98%
22 4.98%
Total 442 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
What's your age?
29 - Senior Systrm Engineer & Project manager

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Mac Mini ----> Audioquest Diamond USB ---> Devialet Expert 250 ---> AudioQuest Meteor ---> Focal Scala Utopia
I'll be 60 years old and retiring in August. I'll be upgrading my speakers with some of my pension pot.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
@Axel - Good for you - retirement should be oodles of fun!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(19-Jun-2017, 02:01)baddog Wrote: @Axel - Good for you - retirement should be oodles of fun!

Well.... Officially I retire, but I don't think I'll stop working just yet, but I'll be slowing down, that's for sure.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I'm 71 and most of my friends are that age, or older. I ran an electronic security business and a locksmith for 38 years

Fortunately, no hearing or sight loss. Use UBER more and more to get about, on account of the appalling driving hereabouts

Good friend, recently turned 82 is an amazing classical music fundi, has 12000 CDs, can recognise the music within a few seconds of listening, sang in the Cape Town Male Voice Choir for many years. Anyway, he woke up one morning and found his hearing had all but disappeared. Tests showed 15% on one ear, less than 5% in the other. An expensive hearing-aid worked to some extent. The diagnosis is that the cochlea has ceased to work

His friend had an expensive cochlea implant, to find he now has tinnitus
                                                           Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds
27, soon 28, Junior Radiologist !
2 x Phantom Reactor 600W - Stereo
57 and in IT pretty much since the beginning.

There may be snow on the roof but there is still fire in the furnace! Smile
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
68 here. Born in Washington, DC and now live in Charleston, S.C. after my corporate career, which included a 5-year stint in France. I recall walking down cobblestone streets in Clermont-Ferrand, in the Auvergne region, and seeing what looked like a mirror in the window of a hi-fi shop. I passed that shop each day on my walk to work and, one day, decided to inquire about that mirror. Turned out it was my first view of a Devialet. I ended up buying a Devialet 180, which later became a 200 via a firmware update (the good old days). After a somewhat unlucky experience with the sale of the 200 and purchase of a Lyngdorf, I returned to the Devialet fold with the purchase of a 220. I have it now paired with Vivid B1 Decade speakers, with a Roon front-end. Sounds sublime, even via Wi-Fi, which I have resorted to due to the gigabit Ethernet fiasco...
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
I’ll be 49 in February.
I left school after staying on a year to do some crappy course and went to work for my Dad as a bricklayer. Qualified and was really good at the whole building thing but joined Humberside fire brigade part time in 1993.
In 1995 I managed to get in wholetime and HFB became Humberside fire and rescue service a few years later.
In may 2010 I developed type 1 diabetes and a year later severe osteoarthritis in my right shoulder. I manage for a few more years but started to realise my dream career was probably coming to an end.
On the 9th May 2018 I retired at the age of 48.
I started a new job on July 2nd and now work for the environment agency.
I bought my speakers and an oled tv as a 23 year reward to myself.
I miss being a firefighter.
I bought into devialet after a linn/lejonklou system. I do miss the musicality of the lejo boxes, but not the tower of black in my lounge.
All the best
Ozzzy.
D220 Expert Pro CI. Totem Acoustic Tribe Tower Loudspeakers.
Phantom Reactor 600 for Mrs Oz.
I'm 53 years old.