Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Immersive Theater System
(15-Mar-2017, 09:12)Krisp Wrote:
(15-Mar-2017, 04:15)hk6230 Wrote: Cool. Thank you for sharing the link.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Interesting video but since I don't understand a word, what are the essential takeaways?
Especially interesting to see the multichannel iPad app. Is there anything said about that?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
It is a customized system for any buyer who are interested costing from HKD200k. Devialet will tune each system according to the room conditions and number of units of Gold Phantom. The app is used to tune the setup. Buyer can use from 4 units and up to 16 units.

Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

You can enable the CC on the video for subtitles...
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(15-Mar-2017, 09:15)hk6230 Wrote:
(15-Mar-2017, 09:12)Krisp Wrote:
(15-Mar-2017, 04:15)hk6230 Wrote: Cool. Thank you for sharing the link.

Interesting video but since I don't understand a word, what are the essential takeaways?
Especially interesting to see the multichannel iPad app. Is there anything said about that?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
It is a customized system for any buyer who are interested costing from HKD200k. Devialet will tune each system according to the room conditions and number of units of Gold Phantom. The app is used to tune the setup. Buyer can use from 4 units and up to 16 units.

HKD200k is around €25k that is alot of money for 5 Gold Phantoms as I suppose the basic setup is 5 Phantoms that they call 5.5 as they use each Phantom as a subwoofer perhaps not right in a normal homecinema as the .1 channel is a dedicated channel to the subwoofer this is more like 5.0

5 Gold Phantoms is around €12,5k I wonder what you get for the rest of the €25k (hardware, setup?)

I asume there has to be some sort of controll box that runs the software and runs AES67 signal to the Phantoms.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

It isn't hard to imagine their DSP solution routes the LFE/".1 channel" to all the Phantoms to get the 5.5.

Even my loyal, good old TagMclaren surround pre/pro from last century can do this for me. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(15-Mar-2017, 09:58)Antoine Wrote: It isn't hard to imagine their DSP solution routes the LFE/".1 channel" to all the Phantoms to get the 5.5.

Even my loyal, good old TagMclaren surround pre/pro from last century can do this for me. Smile

Now that was a cool brand whilst it lasted!!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
So, practically no updates about AIR for months, no info on the streamerboard, no communication/site updates, no new expert firmware. But I'm sure all that's completely unrelated to this announcement.

On the upside, they did deliver something they promised (albeit it sounds like a custom solution rather than something phantom owners can buy to make it happen).

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(15-Mar-2017, 09:58)Antoine Wrote: It isn't hard to imagine their DSP solution routes the LFE/".1 channel" to all the Phantoms to get the 5.5.

Yes I understand that just that if you say 5.5 system that is 5 main speaker and 5 subwoofers I see the system as a 5.0 with no dedicated subwoofers no matter what they do to the LFE channel. In most homecinema recievers and pre amps a system with no subwoofer and the LFE channel re-routed in DSP to the main speakers is called a 5.0 or 7.0 all my Pioneer amps have called it that.....perhaps I am wrong with thinking like that?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

You're looking at it from a physical point of view (number of speakers to which each channel can/could be mapped) and I was thinking about the encoded channels in a surround bitstream. I guess neither of us is really wrong. Smile

The Netherlands
(15-Mar-2017, 10:05)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Now that was a cool brand whilst it lasted!!

Guillaume

I agree! Smile Really solid, high quality stuff that was modular and could be expanded. Mine (AVR32 BP192) still works like a charm!

The Netherlands
(15-Mar-2017, 12:14)Antoine Wrote: You're looking at it from a physical point of view (number of speakers to which each channel can/could be mapped) and I was thinking about the encoded channels in a surround bitstream. I guess neither of us is really wrong. Smile

Yes that is a way of looking at it also so as you say none of us are wrong  Smile

Todays imersive sound system is ofcourse different when you can map speakers anyware in the room a friend of mine has a Trinnov Altitude 32 8-8 and that is one impressive pre-amp bit precisely like Devialet they are a bit odd to work with......must be something French  Big Grin

Second system