Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Alchemy DMP-1
I stumbled across this recently:

http://www.audioalchemy.com/products/dmp-1

It is 'Roon ready' and can output to AES/EBU, so on paper it looks ideal for feeding a Devialet.  Pricewise it is interesting. sitting above the 'affordable' alternatives such as the microRendu or SMS-200, but a lot cheaper than the dCS Network Bridge.

There appear to be very little information on the thing, and I do not have any idea how it performs in terms of sound quality.  Nevertheless, it does look interesting.

Of course most of us on here will not be interested in auditioning or buying one, we are all waiting for the new streamer board which will undoubtably sound best of the lot.  Shy   Right kids?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I have been looking at this before but did not get around to contact the dealer here in Sweden that sells it.

If only Devialet thought like this about Roon like Audio Alchemy does.

Dont forget that there also is a better PSU for 600 dollars.

http://www.audioalchemy.com/products/ps-5-power-supply
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Brrr...why those internal board to board $0.10 USB and ethernet cables and call it no-compromise? They must think bits are bits and that's it. I just think what else did they compromise! Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(15-Mar-2017, 15:59)Antoine Wrote: Brrr...why those internal board to board $0.10 USB and ethernet cables and call it no-compromise? They must think bits are bits and that's it. I just think what else did they compromise! Wink

Ummmm, good point.  Looking at the pictures, it looks like there are three separate boards and that at some point the signal is converted to USB internally before outputting to AES/EBU.  I might be wrong.  There is nothing in the way of UK dealers either, so no chance of an audition.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12