Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone ripped SACD? How?
Not sure where to place this but my twin brother with his D220Pro and me with the D250Pro, have between us a fairly large library of SACD CD's

We are experienced at Ripping CD's for our digital asset libraries with dbPoweramp but when it comes to SACD, it does well with the standard CD frequency stuff but we're having challenges on how to rip the actual SACD stuff.

Wondering if anyone else has solved this problem and would be able to share their secret method(s)???

thanks in advance.

Bob
250 Pro Master, Siltech Anniversary Silver Interconnects and Speakers cables, LINN Majik Streamer, Arcam D37 SACD, Mac-mini with Kazoo, JRiver and tested Roon, Speakers, custom build, SEA Exotics, Chord Hugo, HifiMan H1000's. (home is Vancouver, Canada)
You need the earliest version of a PS3 with a very early firmware version or a particular OPPO or Pioneer SACD/BR player.

There is absolutely no way to do it from a computer alone as there are no computer optical drives that understand SACD.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

I do indeed. Oppo 105d into vandenhul mc silver 7m long (expensive) into devialet. Usb into laptop. Sacd's from the library and did more then 100. Turntable still better sound and have recorded more then 600 records into the hard disk. Alwys 192khz 24 bits
1: Atelier d'Or no.75 (1.5m. AQ RCA-XLR), Heart 2812 QuadESL.nl, Kimber 8TC, WBT, Rel StentorII, Oppo105D (surround), Vodafone Next, Quad 303.2(!Quadrepair.nl), Kef RDM1, BenQW4000i, SBooster (3x), IfiX 3x, 125 inch, Stax 507 (2x) on Stax SRM-1S, SRM D-50, all on Iso-Ac. Gaia1, 2 and 3, Kemp Isolator source and power-, Kemp QA/ SNS plugs (6x), Furutech & ALAC maincables, AQ Blizzard, Van den Hul Mainstream, Optical 8k cables, Clearaudio (Synchro+Champion2+TT3 tangential+CM Bearing+Outer Limit+StradivariV2, 530uV, 200 ohms), NUC11 i7, Samsung-980Pro, -A8, -S24Ultra, Roon Life, Netgear 108, AQ Cinnamon all, Live cable USB, AQ jitterbug 5x, WB 18TB 2x

2: 220Pro, Kef R3, Rel Studio, Oppo103EU (surround), Quad 707(mod), Kef RDM2, all on Iso Acoustics 200, Gaia 3 & 1, LG Oled55, Furutech wall outlets(3x), AQ NRG-Z3 (2m., 5x), Kemp powerstrips, Audiotool filters, Oppo HA2+PM3 + AQ cinnamon cables

1900 recorded LP's 24/192, 850 DSD 5.1 SACD (via Oppo), 4800 ripped CD's, Qubuz

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-so...rue-29251/

It is a long thread but everything you need to know about which models will work is in there.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(16-Mar-2017, 18:55)Peter van der Laarse Wrote: I do indeed. Oppo 105d into vandenhul mc silver 7m long (expensive) into devialet. Usb into laptop. Sacd's from the library and did more then 100. Turntable still better sound and have recorded more then 600 records into the hard disk. Alwys 192khz 24 bits

That's lossy!

Your Oppo is capable of doing lossless through the ethernet port and a special program running on your computer.  Instructions are in the post above mine.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(16-Mar-2017, 19:39)Dr Tone Wrote:
(16-Mar-2017, 18:55)Peter van der Laarse Wrote: I do indeed. Oppo 105d into vandenhul mc silver 7m long (expensive) into devialet. Usb into laptop. Sacd's from the library and did more then 100. Turntable still better sound and have recorded more then 600 records into the hard disk. Alwys 192khz 24 bits

That's lossy!

Your Oppo is capable of doing lossless through the ethernet port and a special program running on your computer.  Instructions are in the post above mine.

Thanks all, got the link. Exactly what I was looking for. We are hunting for a PS3 but the Oppo plus computer is doable as well. 

Need to find a way to transcode the ISO to DSD for the Devialet's now! That would play through Roon

Got a long weekend coming up to commit to this process!

Cheers and again, thanks!
250 Pro Master, Siltech Anniversary Silver Interconnects and Speakers cables, LINN Majik Streamer, Arcam D37 SACD, Mac-mini with Kazoo, JRiver and tested Roon, Speakers, custom build, SEA Exotics, Chord Hugo, HifiMan H1000's. (home is Vancouver, Canada)
Google iso2dsd.

JRiver will also read and "unpack" .iso files on the fly.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Can highly recommend Trax SACD ISO Extractor. You will have to pay for the software but it works fantastically. And, a big plus, one doesn't need to have Java installed.
Pro 440, B&W 804D, HMS In Concerto Speaker cables, Audioquest Jitterbug & Cinnamon USB, 2018 Mac Mini with 8Gb RAM, Furutech G320 Power cable, Audirvana Studio, 4 x 2TB SSD External Drives