Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experience with Sub Out on 120?
Hi all

I have ordered the D120 with the Sub Out option and am wondering if others have done the same what their experience has been to date?

I have done a Search to see if there has been any threads on this subject and nothing came up.

Any details on using the Sub Out option would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Bob
250 Pro Master, Siltech Anniversary Silver Interconnects and Speakers cables, LINN Majik Streamer, Arcam D37 SACD, Mac-mini with Kazoo, JRiver and tested Roon, Speakers, custom build, SEA Exotics, Chord Hugo, HifiMan H1000's. (home is Vancouver, Canada)
Yes, several of us on the forum are using the sub out. It works well. There are a couple of threads on the topic:

http://devialetchat.com/Thread-How-do-yo...your-sub-s
http://devialetchat.com/Thread-Signal-qu...Sub-output

and it's worth taking a look through some of the system descriptions too.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Is this true? Are they making D120's with an extra phono socket for Sub Out? This is the main thing I miss from the 120, but I didn't want to pay another £1.5-2K to go up to the D200 for that.

I can only use my REL T2 sub by attaching its high level input to the speaker terminals of my Devialet 120. Unfortunately, there's no way of rolling off the speaker outputs to better blend them with the sub's crossover point.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
From the D120 section of Devialet's own website:

"Mono/stereo analogue pre-amplified output (optional)"
I just ordered my D120 with the sub (pre) out. I was told I could order 2 cards to get 2 pre-outs for stereo subs. However, if you need that, the value proposition becomes much less and you should just opt for the D200.
A single card handles both channels...you can only fit one card in there.
So if I understand correctly I can only fit a mono pre out or a stereo pre-out? If I have a mono pre out installed now and later want to upgrade to dual stereo subs I would need to replace the mono pre-out card?
It's the same card... the mono/stereo output is differentiated in the configurator.
That's not what my dealer told me! They wanted to charge me for two pre-outs!
(12-Jan-2015, 05:33)audiophile911 Wrote: That's not what my dealer told me!  They wanted to charge me for two pre-outs!

Hi audiophile911

There is only one card with electronics to drive 2 x RCA output ports. For my sub which takes separate L/R input, I output using both ports and have configured as such in the Configurator program.

I want to add that the cross-over slopes used in the 120 is very good. I have them crossed-over for the sub at 100 Hz and am extremely pleased with smoothness. 

I am going to try it at 80 Hz and then 60 to see what differences I hear and will report if something turns up interesting!

Bob
250 Pro Master, Siltech Anniversary Silver Interconnects and Speakers cables, LINN Majik Streamer, Arcam D37 SACD, Mac-mini with Kazoo, JRiver and tested Roon, Speakers, custom build, SEA Exotics, Chord Hugo, HifiMan H1000's. (home is Vancouver, Canada)