Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experience with Sub Out on 120?
(11-Jan-2015, 17:06)goflyshirley Wrote: A single card handles both channels...you can only fit one card in there.

(20-Jan-2015, 01:23)boba2013 Wrote:
(12-Jan-2015, 05:33)audiophile911 Wrote: That's not what my dealer told me!  They wanted to charge me for two pre-outs!

Hi audiophile911

There is only one card with electronics to drive 2 x RCA output ports. For my sub which takes separate L/R input, I output using both ports and have configured as such in the Configurator program.

I want to add that the cross-over slopes used in the 120 is very good. I have them crossed-over for the sub at 100 Hz and am extremely pleased with smoothness. 

I am going to try it at 80 Hz and then 60 to see what differences I hear and will report if something turns up interesting!

Bob

HI, is the pre out board a dealer installed option or can I do it myself? I've received the board but it has no instructions on how to install and I did not see anything online or in the manual??
(20-Jan-2015, 01:50)audiophile911 Wrote:
(11-Jan-2015, 17:06)goflyshirley Wrote: A single card handles both channels...you can only fit one card in there.

(12-Jan-2015, 05:33)audiophile911 Wrote: That's not what my dealer told me!  They wanted to charge me for two pre-outs!

Hi audiophile911

There is only one card with electronics to drive 2 x RCA output ports. For my sub which takes separate L/R input, I output using both ports and have configured as such in the Configurator program.

I want to add that the cross-over slopes used in the 120 is very good. I have them crossed-over for the sub at 100 Hz and am extremely pleased with smoothness. 

I am going to try it at 80 Hz and then 60 to see what differences I hear and will report if something turns up interesting!

Bob

HI,  is the pre out board a dealer installed option or can I do it myself?  I've received the board but it has no instructions on how to install and I did not see anything online or in the manual??
Devialet has a how to video on their website. It's a very simple procedure that requires a couple Torx drivers... Do not use the ones that are supplied in the kit; they are very cheap and will strip the screws! 
(21-Jan-2015, 10:40)goflyshirley Wrote:
(20-Jan-2015, 01:50)audiophile911 Wrote:

Hi audiophile911

Bob

HI,  is the pre out board a dealer installed option or can I do it myself?  I've received the board but it has no instructions on how to install and I did not see anything online or in the manual??
Devialet has a how to video on their website. It's a very simple procedure that requires a couple Torx drivers... Do not use the ones that are supplied in the kit; they are very cheap and will strip the screws! 

I installed the board. It's easy but tricky at the same time. You have to be very careful aligning the pins! It's basically impossible to see what you're doing because of the tight space. The first time I did it I got a bunch faults and the unit only partially worked. I re-installed and it now works fine.
Looking for a used one, if anything is going. Shipping will be paid
                                                           Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds