Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nimitra Audio Server by Fidelizer
I believe I once read someone was interested in the Nimitra Audio Server by Fidelizer (http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/nimitra-c...io-server/) but can't find who, where or when.

Anyway it looks like the Nimitra is nothing but a cheap and simple mini PC that can be bought on AliExpress for $1000 less... Big Grin Of course you do have to install the software yourself in this case. Wink Here it is: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-PC-...02022.html

Edit; direct from the manufacturer, even cheaper: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product...0.0.KMVjrJ

(I saw Small Green Computer also sources some of his lightweight servers from Aliexpress BTW so they're not the only ones who do it.)
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
LOL, this guy has no lack of confidence in his products. He now announced his $29,995 'Nucleus' server. It's the most overpriced computer I have ever seen and it has some poor choices for best audio reprodction, he calls it the 'worlds best'. Big Grin

http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/1...entry40103
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Thanks @Antonie for bringing this to the attention of the Devialet community. Just shows all you need is a good website and some posh names to make a fool out of people. I would like to know the official response as to why the price just went up by a $1000. It looks like for the extra cost you are getting a mPCIe SSD (unknown size) + Kingston DDR3L 4GB Memory. I thought that maybe a JCAT USB Card FEMTO is installed but that does not seem to be the case. In fact a Linear power supply cost extra money.
April 1.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Thanks, Antoine.

LOL, even with all the software bundled in, the Nimitra has very high margins. However, it has been very well reviewed by Mono and Stereo, Audiostream and with brief impressions by theaudiobeat. So, the OEM version might make a good backbone for a decent system.

The Nucleus makes the Sound Galleries Monaco server, at about half the price, positively cheap
Dear Devialet visitors,

I'm Keetakawee Punpeng from Fidelizer Audio. I'd like to explain why Nimitra is priced at $1395 instead of $200-300 from what you can buy in Aliexpress below.

1. We're using good quality, tested, and selected SSD and Kingstron DDR3L RAM. Instead of cheap Tigo or SSD/HDD bundles with high DOA rate. We thoroughly tested every part inside and applied chassis vibration damping tweaks for optimal sonic performance.

2. Nimitra comes with licensed Windows 10 Pro, JPLAY and Asset uPNP software, configured for best streaming audio based on reference Esoteric/Emm Labs digital sources. It also come with special version of Fidelizer with additional optimizations far better than Fidelizer Pro version.

3. Nimitra runs on stripped down Windows 10 Pro platform having only audio components with 50% resource utilization reduced. It's the most lightweight Windows 10-based server that you won't find from anywhere else. It took around 6 months to make Windows 10 Pro becoming so small enough to be able to install into 4GB partition.

4. Nimitra also support Roon Ready and HQPlayer NAA features with approval from software vendors.

5. Nimitra also have Teamviewer integrated for full remote support so customers can have professional services after delivery. I bought a license to provide best customer support for audiophiles.

Buying hardware parts from Aliexpress yourself will save a lot and buying software yourself should make unit cost around $800 without audio only Windows 10, special version of Fidelizer, my additional optimizations and Teamviewer services.

It's MSRP price is $1395 not $2100 and I believe additional cost for completed streaming audio solutions with optimizations from Fidelizer isn't costly for my services. Fidelizer doesn't sell hardware but streaming audio solutions after all.

Nimitra is targeted for audiophiles who want good streaming audio solutions without spending time and effort to build and one with tech-savy skills themselves. Happy listening. Smile

Regards,
Keetakawee
(20-Sep-2017, 11:01)Fidelizer Wrote: Dear Devialet visitors,

I'm Keetakawee Punpeng from Fidelizer Audio. I'd like to explain why Nimitra is priced at $1395 instead of $200-300 from what you can buy in Aliexpress below.

1. We're using good quality, tested, and selected SSD and Kingstron DDR3L RAM. Instead of cheap Tigo or SSD/HDD bundles with high DOA rate. We thoroughly tested every part inside and applied chassis vibration damping tweaks for optimal sonic performance.

2. Nimitra comes with licensed Windows 10 Pro, JPLAY and Asset uPNP software, configured for best streaming audio based on reference Esoteric/Emm Labs digital sources. It also come with special version of Fidelizer with additional optimizations far better than Fidelizer Pro version.

3. Nimitra runs on stripped down Windows 10 Pro platform having only audio components with 50% resource utilization reduced. It's the most lightweight Windows 10-based server that you won't find from anywhere else. It took around 6 months to make Windows 10 Pro becoming so small enough to be able to install into 4GB partition.

4. Nimitra also support Roon Ready and HQPlayer NAA features with approval from software vendors.

5. Nimitra also have Teamviewer integrated for full remote support so customers can have professional services after delivery. I bought a license to provide best customer support for audiophiles.

Buying hardware parts from Aliexpress yourself will save a lot and buying software yourself should make unit cost around $800 without audio only Windows 10, special version of Fidelizer, my additional optimizations and Teamviewer services.

It's MSRP price is $1395 not $2100 and I believe additional cost for completed streaming audio solutions with optimizations from Fidelizer isn't costly for my services. Fidelizer doesn't sell hardware but streaming audio solutions after all.

Nimitra is targeted for audiophiles who want good streaming audio solutions without spending time and effort to build and one with tech-savy skills themselves. Happy listening. Smile

Regards,
Keetakawee

Hello fellow Deviates,

This note is in support of Nimitra and Kuhn Keetakawee.

I own 440 Pro, Wilson Audio Watt/Puppies, Apogee Stage, some Naim integrated amp, Dared Tube Amps, Golden Ear Triton 1 and 4 Triton 2. I have been an audiophile for half a century, and yes my ears still test well.

I tried for months to get Air to work. I tried using separate dedicated computer and I tried most of the suggestions in this forum. Nothing worked for very long.

Along this journey I found the Fidelizer software. While it did not fix my Air problem, music over always stable USB became much closer to what I heard from Air.

I was taking to Kuhn Keetakawee, the creator of Fidelizer and Nimtra, about some problems. He spent a few hours of his time helping me with the free version of Fidelizer to get it optimized in my system and trying to help with Air. Fidelizer worked great and I was impressed by the time he spent helping me with a free product.

When I found out about his server, Nimitra, I asked him if it might help with my Air problems. He pointed out that there was a return policy in place for Nimitra at that time, and that he had helped others with his server and Air. I got my Nimitra and he helped me personally quite a bit to get everything running. Air over Ethernet became as stable as USB and MUCH better sounding.

I might be able to buy the equipment, source the quieter RAM, and buy and install all the software myself and save some money but for the personal help setting things up was worth far more than my cost.

Also I am not a complete newbie to computers. I was a certified Novel Enterprise Engineer in their time, owned my own Networking Company, and have used computers since before I had my own much loved DEC PDP-11.

I know forums tend to attract complaints more than praises, but in this case my experience is that I got far more value than just some hardware. I believe that for some, and me, the Nimitra is an excellent choice.

Thanks,
Marcus
Thank you so much Mr. Marcus. I'm glad to be able to provide my services. Let's drink again sometimes. Smile

Regards,
Keetakawee