Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WIFI and PLC issues
All,

I have least for me noticed this since the last upgrade.  Every once in awhile my phantom golds will switch from PLC to WIFI 5GHZ.  the result is only one of my two speakers will play music.  I find myself needing to reset sometimes a speaker to get it back to PCL.  My question is anyone else experience this issue?  If so how would you might resolve this.  Its been a pain lately!  See screen shot. thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi, in my experience it's quite normal to have Phantoms on different connection types. Early software would choose the best connection type for each phantom in the following priority ethernet, PLC then wifi 5 GHz first then 2.4 GHz. It would keep these settings until the system was reconfigured however in my experience the latest software version will switch automatically as required.

Losing sound from one speaker sounds like a communication issue. I have recently had problems with Airplay (but not regular audio) when PLC network was selected by the system. I resolved the problem by connecting the stereo pair to the same wall socket using a short extension cable from the furthest one away. This resolved the problem for me. I think the original routing of one mains cable had noise on it so connection to the same sockets made things easier for the system.

Airplay and 192/24 bit etc working fine now.

My brother has a pair of Phantoms in his house, he found that his PLC Phantom connections were affected by other powerline network transmitters/receivers running in his house. Removing them improved his network but he now hardwires his whole system with ethernet cables.