Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music players
I am a novice and this weekend, as I explained in another thread, I had a magnificent weekend of music with great sound quality using a Nordost USB cable instead of Air Ethernet or WiFi. I was only using iTunes and Apple remote. What can I expect if I add Audivrana, Amarra etc...? Is there an appreciable difference in sound quality?
(03-Nov-2014, 16:18)drdkey Wrote: I was only using iTunes and Apple remote. What can I expect if I add Audivrana, Amarra etc...? Is there an appreciable difference in sound quality?

Bit Perfect is an iTunes add-on and costs just 9 Euros. I found it gave a significant improvement over standard iTunes, and was easy to configure.
For that price it seems not worth waiting for more answers; just try it !

Cannot comment on the others, as the only other player I've used is JRMC running under Windows BootCamp.
(03-Nov-2014, 17:33)krass Wrote:
(03-Nov-2014, 16:18)drdkey Wrote: I was only using iTunes and Apple remote. What can I expect if I add Audivrana, Amarra etc...? Is there an appreciable difference in sound quality?

Bit Perfect is an iTunes add-on and costs just 9 Euros. I found it gave a significant improvement over standard iTunes, and was easy to configure.

Cannot comment on the others, as the only other player I've used is JRMC running under Windows BootCamp.
I read the Devialet white papers and as I understand it, the Devialet extracts the file from my external hard drive and then plays it from the Devialet. If this is case, how do these add on music players improve sound quality?
(04-Nov-2014, 00:04)drdkey Wrote:
(03-Nov-2014, 17:33)krass Wrote:

I read the Devialet white papers and as I understand it, the Devialet extracts the file from my external hard drive and then plays it from the Devialet. If this is case, how do these add on music players improve sound quality?

As far as I understand, this white paper was for Air 1.x.

With Air 2.x, Devialet went a different route of presenting itself as a virtual sound card and therefore add ons can have an effect with Air 2.x which it could not with Air 1.x

/Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Jean-Marie is correct, the white paper data is indeed outdated.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands